62

Harley awoke to loud bangs. Her eyes shot open and she instantly jumped up, reaching for her wand on the bedside table only to find it not there. Confused, the girl crept out of the bedroom and towards the stairs, leaning over the bannister only to see Lyall laying on the floor with his wand by his side. Harley wasted no time in running down and collapsing onto the floor next to her uncle shaking his shoulders. "Uncle Lyall?" She questioned as tears welled in her eyes, "Uncle Lyall?" She repeated but got no response. 

More bangs were heard along with a scream from the living room. Harley plucked up Lyall's wand from the floor and held it out in front of her as her feet padded on the wooden floor towards the living room. Pushing over the door she saw her aunt on the floor, her eyes wide open but her body lifeless. "Auntie Hope?" She squeaked and turned to see a young Remus also on the floor not moving. 

Wait? Hope? Young Remus? The girl looked down at her hands to see them smaller than usual and when she glanced in the mirror on the wall all she saw was her six-year-old self before everything went black.

Suddenly, Harley shot up once again. Instantly she looked down at her hands, them shaking as her breathing was jagged and sweat dripped down her face. The young woman climbed out of her bed, neglecting her wand which was (thankfully) on the bedside table, and exited her room. She couldn't bring herself to look downstairs instead she made a bee-line towards Remus' room and pushed the door open, finding him snoring away peacefully. 

Much like she did when she was younger, Harley pulled back part of the duvet and climbed into the bed beside Remus wrapping her arms around him. Stirring slightly, Remus' arms encased the girl into a tight hug. "What's wrong, little one?" He asked her sleepily, his eyes remaining closed. 

Harley closed her eyes and snuggled closer to her cousin, "I had a nightmare, I know I seem childish but-"

"Hush, you aren't being childish, everyone has nightmares, you know that. Now, we'll talk about it in the morning, right now you need to get some sleep." Remus said and he rubbed her back soothingly. 

Harley nodded, "Okay, I love you Remmy."

"I love you too, little one."

* * *

Lyall had made breakfast and was waiting for Remus and Harley to wake up which didn't seem as if it was going to happen anytime soon. Shaking his head he climbed the stairs and headed towards Harley's bedroom to find her bed empty. Furrowing his eyebrows the senior man entered his son's bedroom to find a sight he hadn't seen for over two decades. His heart melted as a smile appeared on his lips. "Accio camera." He muttered summoning his wife's old camera to take a photograph of the pair. Once the action was completed he placed the camera on the desk next to him before lightly tapping his son awake. "Breakfast."

Remus nodded shifting up slightly. Lyall left the room so that Remus could wake Harley who slept beside him holding his arm like she was going to disappear. "Harley, time to get up." He said quietly brushing her hair out of her face.

"Bill, what have I told you about waking me up? You'll get a simple reply, fuck off." She grumbled turning over. 

Remus scoffed, "I don't know what I should be offended more of, you thinking I'm Bill or you vulgar language young lady." Harley growled as he poked her back, "Wake up!" 

Harley flipped him off, "Piss off."Remus sighed and climbed out of bed tearing the duvet off of the girl so that she grew cold in her pyjamas. Her eyes widened in shock of the bitter air nipping at her skin, " What was that for?"

"You need to get up." Remus smirked cheekily, "I'll meet you downstairs but you might want to hurry, I may not be Bill but I sure as hell will eat like a Weasley if you don't get down their quick enough. That's right, I know how much a Weasley consumes, it's legendary."

"You and he are as bad as each other." She grumbled. 

* * *

Later on in the day Remus and Harley sat down to talk about her dream, the pair stiffening as she told the story. The man didn't know what to say. They both knew it wouldn't happen but it still shook them up a bit. They indulged in another cuddle and neither knew whether it was comforting the other or themselves. Either way, it was helping. 

Lyall entered the living room after having a bathroom break and he snuggled up to his niece on the other side of her wrapping his arms around them so that he was holding onto his son as well. "Hope would be so proud of you both. You know that?" He spoke quietly, his eyes travelling to the photograph of them all on the mantlepiece. "She would be smiling, cooking you all of your favourite foods, and knitting you both some socks just to show how proud she was." Harley had to blink away her tears that had formed thinking of her late aunt. "And she would have loved Belle too."

"What's brought all this on?" Questioned Remus his voice quiet and almost about to break. 

Lyall smiled, "Because our family is repairing the cracks that had formed all those years ago, and we are finally getting back on track, adding new people to the mix as well. I may not have met them yet but Bill and Belle are both family whether they know it or not, if they make you both happy, that makes me happy. You guys are my world and I love you both to the moon and back a million, million, million times." He pressed a kiss to both of their heads. "And don't you ever forget that....

otherwise I'll have your heads."