132

For the last three weeks Bill has returned home to no Harley in sight. It didn't seem normal to not be greeted by the sight of her cooking, baking, planning or even just napping on the sofa with an empty crisp packet laying on her chest. Instead he was greeted by Ginger who would squawk endlessly begging for food.

The evening would grow to an end and Harley' still wouldn't be home. Bill would have to rustle up some food for them both which would lead to him eating because he was starving and Harley coming in around 10pm to eat, shower and then go to bed. Then when Bill would wake up Harley would be walking out the door without another word.

Bill didn't think Harley would be this into planning their wedding, spending hours upon hours doing so. So much so they didn't spend much time together anymore and that upset him. He missed his long cuddles, their occasional shared bath where Harley would sit with her back towards him and he'd write stuff in her back for her to guess and then she would draw pictures on his for him to guess. He missed her baking and him holding her in his chest and watching as she took him through the process step by step and he tried his damn hardest to concentrate but he couldn't because she was the snack, not the baked goodies that were being made, Harley was his snack. He would kiss her cheek, her forehead, her neck, her shoulder, anything just because he could. But now since she was so busy and work was picking up for him he couldn't. And he had to suffer his "shite cooking" (- a direct quote from Bill himself).

Now. Here's where he grew suspicious and rather vexed. His girl. Harley Lupin. Suddenly, never got up early to leave before Bill did. Instead, she'd leave later on in the day, return just before Bill came home, shower, eat a snack, go to sleep. No actual dinner. Then when Bill would come home, he'd find her tucked up in bed and then he'd do his usual evening routine. Chill. Food. Shower. Bed. And just as he'd snuggle up next to his girl. Up shed rise, and then go and get dressed and leave the house. At 11pm! Only to return just as Bill would wake up, and she'd go to bed. Bill was pissed and confused.

Why would Harley, his girl, leave the house late at night? They'd barely have some loving time. Hardly any kisses. No shared baths. No shared meals. No "I love you"s. And Bill would ask her but like, he couldn't if she was asleep or out of the house all the damn time!

Now, being a very protective, not that experienced, boyfriend. He did think the worst. His mind wandered off to the oceans of jealousy where Harley would be running down the beach hand in hand with a beautifully blonde, blue-eyes stud with abs hard as a rock, teeth as white as snow, and a voice as smooth a chocolate. He would grumble to himself and curl up into Harley's pillow, his face buried in it trying to scream at the blonde man to back off and that Harley was his. Not anyone else's. Bills only.

"So you're saying that she hasn't been to see any of you guys at all in a while?" Bill asked at the end of an Order meeting, Harley not attending for some unknown reason that shocked everyone. Usually, she would be the first to arrive and greet Madison, Remus and Sirius with the biggest hugs and loving. But no. She hadn't arrived.

"No, sorry, mate." Said Sirius who was pulling his hair up into a bun because it was rather hot in the dining room. "Why? What's happening?"

"She's out. All of the time. Even during the night." Bill said, worriedly, his hands rubbing his cheeks in frustration, "and I can't ask her just to see if she's okay because I never get the chance too. It's like she's still living in Egypt and I'm here. Except at least then I got it hear her voice using the telephone every night."

Remus shook his head, "I'm sure she's just in a flap about the wedding. You know what women are like."

"Hey!" Exclaimed Madison who slapped him on the head, "Lils was not in a flap! So you are wrong."

"Mads, darling, you know full well that Lily was in a frenzy. When wasn't that woman?" Sirius chuckled, "I loved her dearly but she definitely thought she could fly."

"Okay, that's true but like, not all women are you fucking twats," she rolled her eyes in defeat, "but then again, Harley is used to being alone. As much as she has you and has done for a while, over two decades of being alone for the majority of the time will still take time to get over. It's difficult to break a habit. You may not have realised it but she might have been distant for the whole time of you guys being together but it's only now that you're noticing."

"She never went out in the middle of the night unless it was to sort Asa and Dylan our if they were pissed or bickering or just to see them!"

"Bill, calm down, I'm sure she's fine," Said Tonks patting his hand gently, "this is Harley we're talking about. She loves the crap out of you, you're probably overreacting."

Or was he?

Harley rested against the counter in exhaustion. With hardly any food in her system, barely any sleep due to late nights, wedding planning when she could have been asleep during the day, Harley was practically sleep walking.

"You need to smile, darling, you'll scare away the customers if you don't," a voice said from the left of her, a tall lady stood in red high heels, matching lipstick and a tight dress. Her dark hair was tightly curled and her eye makeup fit perfectly with her attire.

"Sorry, just a tad tired," Harley replied, tugging down her dress a little to cover her thighs a bit more.

The woman, named Stella, chuckled, "babe, aren't we all with these night shifts? You've a little lippy on your teeth."

Harley licked her teeth and showed Stella who nodded to say she had cleared it away. "A pint a lager and a double voddy and coke," a young man, around her age asked for, leaning against the bar smiling at her. "And one for yourself."

"Thank you for the offer, but I'm fine," she replied pouring his drinks and sliding the glasses over the counter.

"Maybe next time, eh darling?"

Harley smiled kindly like she had been told to and glanced at the clock, another hour to go. Then it would be a quick change in the bathroom, and off to the next place (McDonald's drive thru) for six hours before she'd be able to go home ready to repeat the same tomorrow. She sighed and poured another flirtatious man's pint, the man who quite obviously stared at her cleavage which was a bit on show, as told to dress like. She hated it. But she needed to do it.

A/n-
Sorry for all of the slow updates, I'm currently addicted to tik tok (whoops), searching for jobs and my school has decided to give us homework from the sixth form induction week (hOw DaRe ThEy!¡) and it's not even a little bit it's a lot so yeah.... excuses excuses I know but I'm trying my best.

Also I am rewriting towers (not on wattpad) so that I make it an actual novel. Useless information but also adds to the excuses

Okay imma go now.

P.S in the previous chapter did you spot the little Easter egg?