100

After a rather quiet Christmas and New Year with both the Weasley and Lupin family joining together as the younger children were still at school and enjoying the Yule Ball and tournament celebrations. The first few months went by quickly and it was well into February when Harley got summoned back to England by her uncle in a panicked state.

Belle had been dragged into the Black Lake during the tournament and how Remus found out was by a large black dog turning back up at his doorstep. Sirius. The arsewad who had not given Harley any source of information as to his well being! 

When Harley arrived, Remus was at the school with Belle and Sirus was sat tiredly on Lyall's sofa. When seeing him she promptly stormed over to him and pushed him off of the sofa and kicked his shins.

"Harley!" Exclaimed Lyall as he entered the room with three cups of coffee. 

Harley smiled angelically at her uncle and took her cup off of him whilst Sirius pulled himself back onto the sofa. "No, no, it's perfectly rational, Lyall," Sirius told the elder man whilst taking his own cup. 

Harley nodded, "I should do worse but you look like the dirt on my shoe right now."

Sirius chuckled, "Yes, you should, and thank you for your charming compliment. Anywho, who are you little one?"

Rolling her eyes she slapped the back of his head, "other than the fact I have been worried sick about you and now this accident involving my cousin, I am fine! I hope you have a fine excuse as to why you did not even send one, little, minute, tiny piece of information about how you are and why you suddenly were at Hogwarts when the second task was taking place!"

Sirius sighed, "In case it slipped your mind, I have no way of getting parchment, and ink, I would try blood but you'd be even angrier with me for purposely 'doing something stupid' and I was at Hogwarts to check on Harry. I saw a newspaper saying about the second task and I had to watch. Then I saw Hagrid carrying a limp girl with blue hair and thought I'd be a good brother and come and tell Remus of his daughter's....predicament per say."

Harley sighed, "I guess you're right. I'm sorry." She wrapped him up in a hug, "But you're still a stupid, reckless twat who shouldn't risk it going back to Hogwarts again."

"I know, I know!" Sirius chuckled burying his face in her shoulder. "How's Bill?"

"He's fine, currently covering my shift when it should be his day off but I'm covering his shift tomorrow when it should be my day off." Replied Harley. "She pulled away from Sirius and turned back to Lyall. "Any news from Remus?"

The man shook his head, "Nothing, I'm sure she'll be okay."

"I hope so. Oh! And how's Maddie? I haven't heard from her in a while." 

Sirius tensed at the sound of his ex's name but his heart ached to see her, he wanted to hear her thick Irish accent even if she was shouting at him and see her illecebrous beauty. He wanted to cuddle her as she reads even if he doesn't want to read he could play with her hair or kiss her tenderly. He wants to stay up later with her and be the selenophiles they are. 

But these were all memories. Memories he wanted to ignite into the present and the future, to not leave them behind like they have. 

"Darcy says she is working, I don't know where but she is hardly home, she says she doesn't speak all too often with Maddie but she is well as far as she knows she also believes that Madison may have a man in her life but she is not entirely sure." 

Sirius' heart dropped. He knew this would happen. He didn't expect her to take him back as much as he wanted her too. 

Harley looked at Sirius with pity in her eyes. She knew how much he still loves the woman and she thought by asking how she is that it could give him a sense of hope for a furture between them both but clearly that backfired. 

Suddenly, breaking the silence a loud knock wrapped on the door alarming the three. Lyall got up to check and he rushed back in. "It's aurors!" He hissed. 

Sirius knew what to do he leapt up and thanked Lyall for his hospitality, kissed Harley head and muttered a 'goodbye' before transforming back into a dog and darting out into the garden and leaping over the fence. 

Lyall went to open the door whilst Harley sat back down but she noticed Sirius' half drunk mug of coffee. Cringing at the heat she picked up the mug and downed the rest, not caring that it burnt her mouth, tongue and throat. Once finished she could hear the footsteps of the aurors entering the house she shoved the empty mug under the sofa and kicked back holding her own mug of coffee. 

"Ah, yes, my niece is over for a coffee on her day off." Lyall smiled, in a sickly-sweet manner. 

Furrowing her eyebrows, Harley questioned the aurors, "What's going on?" He voice was hoarse from the pain of the coffee she had chugged. 

"We have reason to believe a certain Sirius Black had been spotted in the area and been as Mr lupin's son was one of his school friends we have been ordered to check that they are not harbouring criminals. What is wrong with your voice?"

"I have a sore throat... I work with a lot of dust you see, as a curse-breaker and it got down my throat yesterday and well, this is what happened." Harley's tone of voice made Lyall crack a grin, it was his little cheeky monkey coming out again with her sass. 

The auror sucked his teeth and turned around rounding up his colleagues and leaving without another word once they had announced that there was no sign of any 'mass murderers'. 

One the uncle and niece were left alone once more Lyall raised his eyebrows, "what really happened to your voice?"

Harley cried out in pain and clutched her throat, "IT BURNS!"

"What did you do?"

"I downed Sirius' coffee as it was still on the table!"

Lyall reached down and picked up the mug from under the sofa and shook his head, "You're mental."

"I already knew that...gahhhhh...it hurts so much!"

"You're problem, not mine."

"Ugh, I hate you."

"I'm just too sassy for you, Harley, dear, face it, I am the king!"

"In your dreams, uncle, in your dreams!"