81

All Harley had done was say that the idea of her and Bill's tongues, 'fondling', would be strange and well...disgusting. What? The woman simply was not familiar with such action and well she definitely wasn't expecting her tongue to be in someone else mouth, it was for her mouth and her mouth only. Or at least that's what she expected. 

Shaking her head, Harley got up and got her bag, making sure her purse was in it and that she had her wand. She left Bill a note before leaving. She wasn't going to go chase after Bill, she didn't know why it bothered him so much and whatever it was, it was probably best to give him some space. They had been perfectly fine kissing the way they had been, did it really matter that she didn't want to change that?

Bill heard the door shut and facepalmed as he left the bathroom. Was it so bad that he wanted to take things a step further?

He left upstairs and made his way back down to the living room and on the coffee table sat the note Harley had written. 

Gone food shopping, shouldn't be too long. I'm sorry about what happened. 

Love you -H x

Bill rubbed his eyes, she didn't need to apologise. She did nothing wrong. They seriously needed to talk about unnecessary apologies. 

* * *

About an hour later Harley returned with her arms full of bags, lugging them into the kitchen. Bill was fast asleep on the sofa leaving her to sort it all out, along with the already made mess in the kitchen. She put all of the shopping away and made a start on cleaning everything. Once that was done she got started on dinner. 

Bill continued to sleep not even noticing that Harley was there. The roast dinner was cooking leaving them over twos hours until dinner was to be ready. Now, Harley didn't like to be the clingy annoying girlfriend who woke her boyfriend up just because she wanted to but they really did need to talk. 

She got down onto the floor next to the sofa and leaned forward nuzzling her nose against Bills'. Pressing a kiss to his lips she cupped his cheeks and mumbled, "Wake up." Bill stirred his hand raising up and holding the back of Harley's head, pulling her closer. "Bill, we need to talk." She said as he began to kiss back. 

Bill opened his eyes and pushed the woman away slightly, "What about?" He asked waking up fully and sitting up allowing Harley to sit beside him. 

"Us."

Such a simple answer left Bill's heart to skip a beat and his body to suddenly feel heavier. His face fell as he waited for her to elaborate. 

"I feel like we need to talk about what actually goes on between us. Will, we have tiffs and make each other feel bad all of the time that our most used words in this relationship are 'I'm sorry', now I don't know about you but being new to this all, and I could be reading this wrong but I don't think that's what a relationship is made of." Harley told him, barely taking a breath. 

Bill nodded; she was right. Sighing with relief, the weight lifted from him, "A hundred percent." He replied. 

"And I'm sorry if I offended you from my reaction earlier it just seems weird like I don't know whether I just keep my tongue in place, I don't think I do because that would be like my tongue is a lollipop and that's weird. But, if I move it, how and where if yours is going to be there too! The thought of it stresses me out and it just doesn't sound at all pleasant. I could be wrong but right now it does. 

I think we just need to talk about things. We both have said we are new to this whole relationship business and we have spoken about stuff like kids already! We have spoken about a lot of things too that to be honest I don't know if I am ready for. I just want to take things as it comes and not get disheartened so much if the other disagrees or questions something. Does that sound as if it's me being annoying and wanting? Because if it does I'm sorry. I just thought we should talk about things."

Bill laughed momentarily his nose crinkling and his eyes closing as he threw his head back slightly, "You scared the crap out of me. I thought you were about to break up with me then. But, yes, I agree with you there, we do say sorry a lot. Like you just have then. I think it's because we are so new to having a relationship and we don't know what to do if there is a specific way to having a relationship. I understand about you not being ready for things because quite frankly, I don't think I am either. 

But, what I do know is that I love you unconditionally and I am prepared to embark on this voyage with you through the calm waters and the stormy seas. That is if you still want to be my co-captain of this brand spankingly-new ship travelling through time?"

Harley nodded, "Aye, aye, captain!" She saluted grinning, "I love you too."

Bill smirked and caught a waft of the roast dinner scent, "You're cooking?"

"Yup, roast gammon and I also went shopping." 

"I saw your note. Short, like you!" He jabbed her in the stomach. 

Harley scoffed, "I'm not short! I'm five foot nine!"

"And I'm six foot three, your point? You a few pancakes short of a stack." Bill replied standing up and swaggering into the kitchen to get a drink. 

Harley followed him kicking his bum and tutting as he hopped onto the counter, "We cook there." She pointed out, retelling his words he had told her many times prior. "Don't be a hippopotamus."

"It's a hypocrite, darling."

"But that's not what I see!"

Bill gasped, "Are you calling me fat? I'm so offended, I have a six pack thank you very much!" He retorted, sticking his tongue out at her. 

"Of rolls."