76

One morning Harley woke up feeling like utter shite. Her head was pounding and she was freezing cold. Trying to cover herself with more of the duvet she snuggled further into Bill who was still asleep. She closed her eyes to seal away the bright morning as it hurt her head even more but nothing seemed to work. 

Bill stirred only moments later as Harley continued to bury her head into his chest and hold onto him even tighter. "What's wrong?" He asked her, yawning and wrapping his arms around her. The sweat on her body alarmed him and he felt her forehead. "Harls, you're burning up."

Harley shook her head, "No, I'm cold!" She whined trying to get more of his body warmth. Bill gently pushed her away and uncovered her body from the duvet. "No! Stop! It's freezing in here!"

"Harley, you're sick. It's bloody scorching and you're sweating too, love, just try and go back to sleep in a bit." He told her and climbed out of bed pulling the duvet off with him. "No duvet!"

"Shush!" She cried clutching her head.

Bill placed the duvet at the end of the bed and exited the bedroom, in the bathroom he took the glass they left on the counter by the sink in case they needed a drink in the night, he filled it with water and took it back to her. Harley took it and sipped it slowly as Bill sat beside her running his hands through her hair. 

"Aren't you lucky you're ill o your day off whilst muggins here has to work." Bill laughed trying to lighten the mood but it only resulted in Harley wincing from the pain shooting across her forehead. "Is there any of the potion you gave me when I was sick still in the cupboard?"

Harley shook her head, "I forgot to buy some more, you used the last of it." Harley told him, "Merlin, the drums in my head are like those in a weird sisters song."

Bill pulled her into a side-hug, "Will you be okay whilst I go to work?" She nodded. "You're going to marry the bed today aren't you?"

"You know it, Will." She smiled slightly, "Go and get some breakfast and get ready, Bill. You need to be up and ready for work soon. We can't have Asa throwing a hissy fit again because you aren't ready by the time he leaves the house and walks all of twenty metres." 

Bill chuckled, "Do you want any?"

She shook her head, "I'll eat something later. I think I'll head off to sleep again now." Bill nodded pressing a kiss to her temple before taking the glass from her hands and putting it on the bedside table as she shrunk down and sprawled out kicking him off the bed.

"Gee, thanks. I can feel the love."

"I'm sick," Harley replied closing her eyes making Bill roll his eyes in amusement. He took the thin blanket from the cupboard in the hall and laid that on top of her so that she wasn't too hot and instantly she cuddled into it feeling cold. Bill quickly changed before heading out fo the room and downstairs to get something to eat. 

* * *

Bill returned home, a vial of the potion in his hand that he had made a stop to get and found Harley still in bed asleep. She was in an odd position with her head at the foot of the bed, one leg leaning against the headboard pointing straight up and the other leg hanging off of the edge. Her hair stuck to her face and her lips were parted with snores tumbling from her lips, they were soft but it was clear the woman had developed some sort of blocked nose as she had to breathe through her mouth. 

Gently he sat down beside her and placed his hand on her back, rubbing circles slowly. "Harley?" He spoke softly, "Wake up."

The woman choked on her hair as she woke up, "You're back early." She said her throat sore from her snores. 

"Actually, "Replied Bill looking at his watch, "I'm late. I made a stop for this." He held up the vial and handed her it. "Have you been in bed all day?"

"Well, I don't remember getting up, so yes," Harley said sipping the potion, her nose scrunched up at the taste. "I can hear Madam Pomfrey, 'well, what did you expect? Pumpkin juice?', this is better than pumpkin juice, I hate that stuff." 

Bill smirked as the colour returned to Harley's face and her eyes grew brighter, "You seem better already." He told her noting how her nose was unblocked and she wasn't shivering either. 

Harley nodded crawling onto Bill's lap. "Thank you," She smiled kissing him. 

"Only doing my job." Bill returned, mumbling against her lips before pressing his harder against hers, his hands falling to her waist. "You know, I have noticed that we are rather physical."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"I don't think so."

"Neither do I."

"Then why are you worrying?" Harley asked pulling back and studying Bill's face. He looked down not meeting her eyes. "Is this about, Hughes?" Bill didn't say anything. "You aren't like him, this is enjoyable and I want it. I didn't want him so I was not comfortable, that and the fact he was a disgusting piece of dog shite. I am comfortable with you, Bill, I would stop you if I wasn't, you know what I am like! And if it's about the whole argument a few weeks ago, we're bound to fight. If we didn't I would doubt our humanity."

"I...you're right..."Bill sighed. 

"Of course I am, I am a woman."

"That's just sexist."

"What you gon' do 'bout it?" Harley challenged and regretted it instantly because Bill threw her onto the bed and crawled on top of her, his hands attacking her side with tickles.