141

"Can you believe it's less than two months until our wedding?" Harley asked Bill on June 15th. The pair were eating dinner when the realisation hit her. Thankfully, everything was sorted and her dress was nearly finished ready to be tried on in a week's time.

Bill grinned and shovelled some spaghetti into his mouth, "oh it's can't come soon enough, darling!" Harley found herself laughing as sauce dribbled down his chin and Bill just flicked his tongue out to get rid of it. There was a knock on the door and Bill slammed his cutlery down. "Can't a man enjoy a meal in peace with his future wife anymore? For the past three days we've been interrupted by emergency order meetings! The one time we aren't and there's someone popping over for a visit!"

Harley stood up, "calm down, we have plenty of time to eat dinner in peace." She told him and went to walk to the door when Bill grabbed her wrist.

"Let's hide in the bedroom and pretend we're not home."

"No, Will, not happening," she rolled her eyes and pulled her wrist from his grip. Going to the door she opened it to find Remus and Tonks. "Well, hello," she smiled and opened the door further than a smidgen in order for them to enter the establishment.

"Sorry to call at a time like this but we need to talk to you both." Said Remus, holding Tonks' hand tightly.

"It's no bother at all-"

"Actually-"

"Ignore him. Go on, what's up?" Harley shot Bill a glare who promptly poked his tongue out and continued to stuff his face with food.

Tonks and Remus looked at each other warily until the latter spoke up. "We're getting married."

Bill dropped his fork. Harley smiled brightly, "Oh that is wonderful! I'm so happy for you! When? Or do you have no idea yet."

"That's where we needed to talk to you both... we're having it in July. It's super lowkey so it won't overshadow your guys' wedding. Just my parents, Belle, Lyall, you two, Padfoot and Madison and her family. Nobody else. We would love the Weasley's to be there but we want just a super small wedding. But we can postpone it if you don't want us to have it before yours."

"Don't be silly! You have whatever you want, whenever you want it. If you want some massive, extravagant wedding go for it. It's your day! I'm over the moon for you both, congratulations!" Harley gushed and took a look at the small, dainty engagement ring Tonks wore on her fingers. Instantly, she recognised it, "That's Nanny Lupin's isn't it? Uncle Lyall's mum."

"It is, Dad gave it to me in hopes that I would use it and I can't think of a better woman to give it to," Remus nodded. Harley's heart melted and she brought her cousin into a giant hug. Bill hadn't said anything, he just sat silently.

"Well, it's certainly a good choice. I can't wait for you to officially be a Lupin. More girls in the family! Whoo!" Harley cheered causing a clap of laughter from her future cousin-in-law.

"I can't wait," smiled Tonks, "but we best be off, we haven't even told my parents yet."

"Oh, good luck with that! They'll be happier than ever, I'm sure of it."

With that the happy couple left the flat and Bill cleared the plates away without saying a word. Harley, who was looking forward to continue and finish her dinner, watched him from afar, trying to read his thoughts but unlike her brother, she lacked that ability.

To say Bill was annoyed, well, that would be an understatement. They knew that Bill and Harley were to be married in August. Yet they still went ahead and decided to get married the month before. Why? Why could they never have something before anyone else jumping the gun and getting it before them?

Chewing the inside of his cheek he left to shower in order to cool down. If he didn't he wasn't sure what would happen. He was not a violent person but the wall look very punchable in that moment. He let the water run down him like waterfall, his hair stuck to his face and felt heavy and his body felt warm but his anger had settled.

Waiting for him in the bedroom, Harley picked at the duvet cover. His demeanour had changed like a flick of a switch and she couldn't comprehend why. They were so happy when they were talking about their wedding, so why was he so different when Remus and Tonks had come and announced theirs? It couldn't have just been the fact they interrupted their dinner. Could it?

By the time Bill had finished up and dried off, Harley had left the bedroom and went to get a snack. She hadn't finished her dinner and it was starting to show as her stomach growled loudly as she sat waiting. When she returned to the bedroom Bill was curled up in bed but was certainly not asleep!

"What's up buttercup?" She asked, sliding into bed beside him, "you need to turn that frown upside down."

"Nothing," Bill practically grumbled and rolled onto his other side away from her.

"Sure. Sure. Spill it."

"I said nothing is wrong." Harley scoffed and climbed on top of him. "What the hell are you doing woman?"

"Don't woman me. Stop being a stubborn-arse and tell me what the hell happened to you? If it's about Remus and Tonks interrupting dinner then it's kind of pathetic if I'm honest. We could have continued eating afterwards except you cleared it all away so I had to go and get a KitKat."

Bill rolled his eyes and his body so he laid on his back. Harley lurched sideways and nearly fell off of him as she got thrown about when he rolled over. Thankfully she remained on top of him. "It's not the fact they interrupted. It's why they did."

"What do you mean?"

"They're getting married, Harley, a month before ours. They knew what they were doing."

"So? What's the problem? Bill, it's not like we're having this massive fancy ball! If anything, we're just having a bigger version with more people. They're not even inviting half of their friends! Just a select amount as witnesses. Hell, I don't even think Belle can bring Fred because he didn't mention anything."

"Yeah but still."

"I really don't see the big deal."

"So you don't think our wedding is a big deal?"

"No."

"Really?"

"No, I'm meant it's a big deal but it's not like we're royalty-"

Bill lifted Harley off of him and threw her onto the bed. He stood up and slipped on some shoes and only then did Harley realise he was going to sleep in tracksuit bottoms and a top. "If that's how you feel then why are we even bothering?"

"Bill, you know that isn't what I meant!" He left the bedroom and she followed after him.

Just by the door he turned around and said, "I'd say keep the ring but you'd probably sell it because it doesn't matter much. Just owl it to my mum once you've got your stuff out of my flat. You have until tomorrow night whilst I'm not here."

He slammed the door behind him.

A/n-
Have a happy new year guys!🧡
31/12/2019