112

"No, no, no, that's not possible! I'm my mother and father's only child! I would know if I had a younger brother!"

The man, "Orlando" chuckled, "I'm glad you think I'm young, but I am actually two years older than you. They gave me up for adoption when I was born. They weren't ready for a baby then."

Harley still kept the bat up, "no, if they weren't ready for you. Why the hell did they keep me?"

"Clearly they were ready then." Orlando Stated, shrugging his shoulders.

"No they were not! If they were ready they would have been real parents to me and got you back!" Harley was in a state of shock and disbelief. This couldn't be true. Could it?

"What do you mean by that?" Orlando Asked. Then he realised. "Did they abuse you?"

"That's none of your business!" Harley snapped. "Now why are you here?"

Orlando stepped forward and carefully tugged the bat out of Harley's hands, setting it onto the dining table and taking her hands in his. "I know you don't believe me. Your thoughts are all over the place."

"You're reading my mind?" She whispered, her eyes wide. He nodded.

"I can prove that we are siblings if you would like?"

Harley nodded, words not forming in her throat. "You have a birth mark right behind your ear. So do I. Our parents were Lorcan and Anna Lupin, both died at the hands of the Pollard family last year. I found out from my boss about my birth family and more specifically you, he was able to research you. I have wanted to meet you so badly to the point where my boss tracked you down and I came here. My boss is Vindamiatrix Knowles, founder of the curse-breaker base in Kerry, Ireland. I have this, from when I was born, a locket, only half of it, it the other half belongs to someone in our family."

He pulled out the locket and showed it to Harley. It was a half a flower. She recognised it.

"Remus has it." She breathed out.

"Who?"

"My-our cousin, Remus."

Orlando nodded, "I have heard of him. He taught at Hogwarts a couple of years ago, did he not?"

"Yes he did."

"He is a werewolf, no?"

Harley picked up the bat once more, "so what if he is?!"

"Woah, woah, woah, I have nothing against werewolves. I just wanted to see if that was true."

Harley sighed and put the bag down again, "sorry, I haven't slept much, Merlin's tits, you mustn't have either! You can stay in the guest bedroom tonight. I have a day off we can talk more then."

"Thank you so much Harliana, I know this must be a shock to you. It was to me when I found out. I'm sorry for springing it on you so early in the morning, it's raining out and cold."

Harley shook her head, "call me Harley, I don't like Harliana, and it's fine. It's a shock, a mighty big one at that, but it's okay. I'm sorry for hitting you."

"Don't even worry about it, I now know not to mess with you." He laughed.

Harley smiled, "Yeah well, you did scare the utter most shite out of me."

Harley led the man up to the guest bedroom, "bathroom is next door, my room is down the hall. Good night."

"And you, Harley."

She shut the door behind him and returned to the kitchen. She wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.

She has a brother.