90

"Have fun, be nice and say hello from me," Bill told Harley as she placed her keys in her bag. Harley was leaving to go and meet Belle for the first time, leaving Bill for the day, not that he minded.

"I will don't worry." Harley smiled, wrapped her arms around his neck, "now, you also behave and don't make a mess, if you need anything use the telephone, can you do that?"

Bill pulled her waist into his, nodding his head, "you showed me how to use it, I think I have it down." He leaned in pressing a short, tender kiss to her slightly chapped lips, his thumbs making circles on her lower back. "Hmm...I love you."

"I love you too." Harley replied, her head falling on his chest, "Enjoy yourself at work."

Bill rolled his eyes, "and by work you mean, enjoy your day off, thanks, Harls."

She giggled quietly, enjoying their embrace for just a litter longer before pulling away. The two bade each other a goodbye and Harley left swiftly.

Bill ran a hand through his hair, pulling it up into a bun. Tugging up the waistband of his pyjama bottoms which had slipped slightly as the pull string fell loose. Quickly re-tying it, he made his way up the stairs and into their bedroom.

Ever since he had come across the diaries Harley had written when she was younger, it played on his mind. Never would he be able to relate to what she had been through nor would he be able to understand fully what she was going through, but if he knew maybe, just maybe, he would be able to look after her better and make sure she never felt that way again.

Moving the part of the skirting board, he pulled out the box and replaced the piece of wall, carrying the box down to the living room.

Maybe it was wrong to read them.

Maybe it wasn't.

To be honest, he couldn't care, if it meant he would understand and know more than what Harley let on. That was all that mattered to him. He opened up a later one, from the age of about eight, flicking to a random date. 

Dear Diary,

Mum and Dad have had an argument with Uncle Lyall and Auntie Hope. They said it happened when I was six, and that they have been letting me see them so that they could have fun. I saw them last week, Siri was there and, Jamie and Peter and Lily and Maddie. I got to braid Siri's hair because he guessed my age wrong. It was very funny. 

I asked mum if I could stay over this weekend but she said no. She screamed saying that I can never see them again! IT'S SO UNFAIR! 

I told her that. 

It didn't go well. 

She pushed me down onto the floor and kicked me. She kept screaming and screaming. She said she wished I never was born. She kept screaming it-

Bill's thumb ran over the 'it', the ink was smudged and ran down the page a little, it was clear that when she had been writing this she was crying. Tears welled up in his own eyes but he blinked them away, continuing to read. 

She also so sad bad stuff about Remmy. She kept saying how he disurverd (I can't spell that word, whoops), what happened to him. She said Uncle Lyall was no good, evil, scum. She said he is the worst dad in the world. 

I think she is wrong.

I hate dad.

I hate mum too.

 I don't think they should hurt me. Auntie Hope and Uncle Lyall don't hurt Remmy, or me. They play with me. They don't drink the medicine. I think it's discustin. 

My tummy hurts, my arm hurts and so does my head. I'm really hungry too but they have friends over and told me to stay up here. I'm in my room if you didn't know. 

I hear someone coming upstairs, I'll talk later.

Bye Bye

-Harley Lupin aged 8. 

Bill wiped the tears that had fallen and turned the page. She didn't deserve any of this. If he'd have taken notice of her more in school, maybe then he could have gotten her help. She could have stayed with them at the Burrow or her Aunt and Uncle could have been told. Instead, he didn't. He only noticed her on the quidditch pitch, when she was covered in her uniform, and her skill was the only thing noticeable. 

He read pages after pages, diary after diary, leaving the one dated to this year and last year alone. They were recent and he didn't want to intrude on them. For the most part, he was with her so he didn't need to know anything. 

He put all of the diaries back in their room before returning downstairs, splashing water on his face from the kitchen tap. He still had the most part of two whole days before Harley would return and it was then that he realised how boring it was on his own. 

Of course, Bill had plenty of things to do. He didn't always live with his girlfriend, he has lived alone before. Yet, he didn't have her to annoy and bicker with, he didn't have her fussing over the mess he had made when he tried cooking, or to cuddle when he was cold or just because he wanted to hold her. 

This is love, isn't it?

Oh how much he is in love with the woman named Harley. 

Just a short amount of time together and how much he had fallen, so far, for her. She completed him, and he completed her. Together they are whole. 

She deserves the world, and as a start towards that goal, Bill brought out her cookbook and raided all of the cupboards and the fridge. By tomorrow evening they would have a feast of all of her favourites all cooked to perfection. He is going to make this perfect. No matter how much he has to try. 

He would show his love in baking. 

How hard can it be?