53

Bill waited in bed whilst Harley finished up in the bathroom. The door was open and he could clearly see her brushing her teeth and flossing, before washing her face, despite already showering early that evening meaning it was clean. There was no doubt that Bill was smiling at the beautiful woman, and of course glancing at a few places every so often. He was so infatuated by her that his mind was like mush, clouded with all things Harley. Her hair, eyes, laugh, smile, voice- everything. Merlin, she was amazing to him.

Harley caught him staring at her from the corner of her eye in the mirror. Lying in there, boxer-clad, his body on show, his hair tied back. He was marvellous. A stupid grin was plastered onto his face and his mesmerising eyes never left her, following her move by as she exited the bathroom, pulled the cord to turn off the light, shutting the door behind her and wandering over to the bed. She tugged day down beside him, her back pressed against the head board and intertwined her hand with his. "What are you staring at?" She asked him, not looking up from where their hands sat in her lap.

Bill smirked, "Someone so bloody stunning."

"Why are you talking about yourself?"

Bill shook his head, "I wasn't talking about me, Harls."

"But nobody else is here." She mumbled and brought their hands up so she could kiss his hand, rubbing her thumb over the back of it.

"I was talking about you." Bill said and hooked a finger under her chin raising her head up so that she was looking at him. "You seem upset what's wrong?"

"Nothing." She mumbled, closing her eyes and slipped down so that she was laying down. Her head was resting on the pillow and her hand was still holding Bill's. "I'm just tired."

Bill nodded copying her actions, an arm falling over her waist as his head leaned against hers. She pulled her hand from his and rolled over, Bill's arm falling from her body, so did his head. His brows knitted together, normally she would be cuddling up to him but not tonight. This puzzled him majorly, he went to wrap his arm around her again and pull her gently towards him but she shuffled further away from him. She tugged the cover up more and kept her eyes closed. "Harley?" Bill asked, hurt in his voice. Had he done something? Was she hurt? She seemed alright earlier.

The woman didn't respond. Bill, again, tried to wrap his arm around her only this time she shrugged him off, stood up and left the bedroom taking a pillow with her. Bill leant on his arm, a hand where she was laying, the creases in the bed sheet still evident.

Harley had wrapped a blanket around her and settled on the sofa. Her head was all over the place and she didn't like it. After the incident in the basement she had overheard a few other curse-breakers talking. Really she wouldn't let it get to her but it did. Were her and Bill moving to quick? Was this an immature relationship, like one people have when they are very young? Would it be over soon?

Somethings made her question their relationship most. Why? Why would they be together? Did Bill really deserve better? Were they too attached? They spent almost every hour of the day together, what would they be like apart? If they were ever apart? Did this mean they were clingy?

All these questions clogged her brain and made it hurt. She wanted to scream at them to go away, however, feeling as if she was going mad, Harley covered her head with the pillow and shut her eyes, eventually falling asleep.

* * *

Bill entered the living room the next morning and Harley was still asleep on the sofa. He hadn't slept much, too busy worrying about what was happening. Fortunately it was their day off so he allowed her to sleep for longer, brewing himself some coffee and taking a seat at the dining table. Ginger had dropped a letter off from his parents, so he read over that, deciding to answer it later, then there was one from Charlie.

Dear Bill,

How's things with Lupin? I hope you've been wrapping before tapping, no mini Harley or Bill's just yet! Though, if it does happen, I'm godfather, I've called it. You have no choice. I don't give two fireballs if if it your spawn, as it's best uncle I have first call on godfathership and best man at your wedding!

Anyway, I have sent this for you because I spied your ears whilst over at yours in the summer. I have also included some for Harley, I think they would suit her. You have a dragon tooth earring and she has two little red dragon earrings. I hope you both like them because the guy said I can't get a refund so...

You better!

Write soon,

Charlie x

Bill chuckled at his brothers letter, but it was dry and it like Bill's usual hearty laugh. The three earrings fell from the envelope and he stared in awe, they were lovely. Harley would definitely suit the deep red colour of hers and his was damn cool!

He slipped them back into the envelope just as Harley mumbled in her sleep rolling over. He turned to look at her, her hair was a mess and it looked as if she too hadn't slept very well, the dark circles framing her lids were a big giveaway. "Will..." she murmured. Slowly, Bill rose from his seat and crept towards her, crouching down in front of her and moving a strand of hair from her face. "Bill...B-" her voice was quiet and barely audible; yet it held so many emotions, distress, sadness, hurt, confusion, plea, and so many more. "I'm sorry."

"I'm really sorry, Bill..."