13

"Have you got wind of whats going down at Hogwarts?" Asa asked Harley and Bill over dinner. Harley had invited him over too, to say sorry for the sandal prints on his head  a week ago. Her eyes widened, having already knowing what was going on. She was trying to make sure Bill didn't know, as his siblings are there currently. 

Bill shook his head, "no, what's happening?"

Harley waved her hands over her neck as to say, shut up. Asa didn't understand nor get the memo. "The chamber of secrets has been opened! A few muggle borns have been attacked and petrified!" 

The redheaded man dropped his fork on his plate, his mouth hanging open and his eyes widening in shock. Harley's head dropped into her bowl of spaghetti. "The chamber of secrets? Isn't that the thing that was opened fifty years ago and killed that muggleborn girl?"

Asa nodded, "Shit, init?"

"B-but, Ron! Fred! George! Percy! Ginny! Merlin's beard! NO! NO! NO!"Bill worried, 

Harley turned to Asa, "What part of, " She repeated her hand actions across her neck, "don't you understand? This is exactly why I didn't tell 'im anythin'!"

Bill stood up, his chair falling over, "YOU KNEW?!"

"Bill, I can explain. . ."

"GO ON THEN! EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOU KEPT THIS ALL A SECRET!"He roared. 

"Your mum owled me three days ago, telling me what was going on and to not tell you, so you wouldn't act all like this!" Harley exclaimed. 

Bill ran a hand through his hair sighing and turned back to the girl, "yeah, and even though she asked you to keep it from me, I wouldn't have expected you to agree. I have the right to know about any danger my younger siblings are in."

"Bill I-"

"Save it, Harliana. Leave me the fuck alone." Bill snapped and left the house. 

Harley leaned back in her seat, her hands covering her face. "I'm just gonna go, thanks for dinner, Harley." Asa stood up, patting her shoulder and disapparating. 

The blonde woman sighed and began to clear the table. She lifted the fallen chair and used magic to do the dishes, before falling onto the sofa. Maybe she shouldn't have kept it from Bill but after Mrs and Mr Weasley had been so kind to her over their stay, she thought it was only best to follow their wishes. After all, they knew Bill better than she did, even if they went to school together, they were not exactly best of friends nor tied at the hip back at Hogwarts. They only really knew each other through classes and quidditch but also from the common room. She thought that after she had explained, Bill would understand, clearly not.

 It was clear to her that her new found friendship with the man was over, he had spat at her using her full name, much like her drunkards of parents. The way he spoke, the way he looked at her when saying that, brought back painful memories to her. When home, other than catering for their every needs, she was a punching bag, a release for them to get all of their anger out of. All anger caused by alcohol, cigarettes and random news in the daily prophet. One story they disliked, one sentence that ticked them off, they breathed fire, their fists turn to lead, their feet to iron, painting her pale complexion, black and blue, her blonde locks stained red. 

Without another thought, Harley ran to her bedroom, her sight blurring from a mixture of tears and flashbacks. Her head was all over the place. Over the course of seven years, she was able to push those memories aside, in a tiny chest at the back of her mind, locked with multiple padlocks. It had only taken one short sentence to break open the sealed chest. She fell on her bed, not bothering to change or anything else. She let her mind and darkness consume her, not even trying to fight back. 

* * *

The morning came like a hammer to the head. Her hair was stuck to her face, tear stains streaked down her red cheeks. Her body ached due to the uncomfortable position she had slept in, as well as her denim shorts and tight shirt sticking to her sticky body. Harley hauled her body off of her bed and towards the bathroom, she stripped off and turned on the water to the shower. Stepping under the water, she let the droplets cascade down her body, and the dirt and sweat fall down the drain. She rubbed the shampoo through all of her disgusting hair, before rubbing the conditioner through the tips. She washed the soap out before soaping her body and washing that off.   

She then stopped the water, stepped out and dried off, drying and brushing her now clean fair hair. She threw it up into a high ponytail before chucking on some shorts and a loose, baggy white shirt. She grabbed an apple for breakfast and waited in her house, for Bill, even though she was sure that he would not walk with her to work this morning. 

As expected she saw the redhead saunter off towards work, not even glancing at her house. She sighed and apparated to her base. Asa was there putting on his gloves and nodded in her direction. She nodded back and got straight to work, Bill arriving not long after. "Morning Asa." He greeted. 

"Morning." The brunette replied. 

Harley stayed silent getting on with her work, until Roger walked up to her. "You're needed in east-6 tomb."The girl nodded and collected what she would more than likely need before stalking off towards the tomb. Roger turned to the two men, "What's wrong with her?" They shrugged, Roger nodded and turned away from the pair. 

"Women." He sighed. 

A/n- 

Hi, I am back. This would have been up earlier today but I was waiting for someone to come and go somewhere with me. But no! They decide, to not reply when I asked them when they were coming. So I have been sat waiting all day for no bloody reason, and yeah I am now going to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. 

G'BYE!