45

After a successful trip to Hogsmeade, seeing Ron, the Twins and Percy, Bill and Harley relaxed in the comfort of Bill's home, the fire flickering and crackling as they shared a book. Bill had his arm around Harley's waist his legs crossed and his other hand on the right side of the book. Whilst Harley, snuggled into his side, her legs bent beside her and her hand holding the left side of the book.

She had her glasses on her face and her hair in a messy bun, leggings and a overly large sweater, that Bill may or may not have lent her as he chucked it at her from the top of the stairs.

Bill on the other hand was sporting some grey sweat pants and hoodie, which was a little baggy on him, his hair left flowing and a pair of fluffy socks that matched Harley's on his feet.

They didn't read aloud but they did read in sync. They both started and finished that page together and also ate grapes at the same time. They took sips of coffee at the same time as well. All coincidental, it wasn't as if they were watching to see when the other would do something, it just happened and neither seemed to notice it.

It wasn't until a knock at the door broke them out of this perfect state that they tore their eyes from the words on the pages and realised that they were in sync as they both went to stand up. "I'll get it." Said Bill as Harley sat up to let him move. Bill shuffled from the sofa and approached the door, glancing through the peep hole to see who it is. He opened it to see Roger.

"If it's carol singers, give them a galleon and tell them to bugger off."Harley said, roughly quoting a muggle movie she loved to watch (Love Actually).

"It's not Christmas!" Called Bill in confusion.

"Oh well." The girl called back sipping at her coffee. "Who is it?" There was no reply, instead the door shut and Roger entered the room with Bill following. "Wotcha, boss."

"Sorry to interrupt your evening. We have a new arrival tomorrow starting and due to gossip I have heard around the place I just want to ask you two something. Are you together?" Roger asked looking at the pair as he sat down on an arm chair.

"Er, yes? Why? What's that got to do with the new arrival?" Bill replied.

Roger smiled, "well that's great news. Now I know this is a bit forward and sudden. And the reason I am asking you two is because you guys are together. We haven't got spare accommodation at the moment, we are looking into more, but this new arrival needs a place to stay-"

"-So you're asking us to move in together?" Harley cut in, titling her head.

"I mean, you do not have too. Not if you don't want too but it would be very helpful if you do. We can find somewhere else for them." Roger reassured them. "I'm not going to force you."

"Roger can you excuse us a moment, please?" The elder wizard nodded and Bill led Harley upstairs onto the landing to discuss. "I don't mind, I mean both of us have a spare room so we don't have to share."

Harley pondered for a moment. They haven't been a couple for very long and moving in together would be a huge step. At the same time it is as if they are already living together, they hardly sleep alone any more, whether they both are at Bill's or both at Harley's they were together. Sharing a bed would be no different to how it was already. "It's not like we haven't shared a bed before. I'd be okay with moving in together." She smiled at him.

"I'll move to yours then, you've had your house longer and have actually decorated and stuff. Mine still looks the same said did the day I moved in and it's been a year! If that's okay?"

"Perfect."

The pair stood grinning at each other for a few moments like a pair of children in Honeydukes for the first time in their lives. They then descended the stairs to tell Roger their decisions and needless to say he was overjoyed. "Marvellous. What would I do without our you guys?" He exclaimed and hugged the pair. "Now they shouldn't be here until the afternoon so enjoy your evening and tomorrow you can clear this house in the morning. Thank you again. I best be off, nighty-night."

Roger saw himself out and the couple dropped onto the sofa. They returned to the position they were in except the book stayed closed on the coffee table. "Merlin, this'll be weird tomorrow." Harley sighed.

"What do you mean?" Bill questioned, turning his head slightly and looking down. He ran circles on her shoulder with his thumb and she played with the drawstrings on his hoodie.

"This won't be my home. It'll be our home." She explained, "The items in this house won't just be mine, like the sofa, the kitchen... the bed. It'll be ours."

"Mhmm, and that bed does sound so inviting right now." Mumbled Bill. "So, so, so inviting." He played with her jumper and then moved down to the waist band on her leggings.

The woman moved out of Bill's grip and sat up, "Sorry, I don't think I'm ready..."

"That's okay." Said Bill, "we don't have to."

She sighed and smacked her head, "I've ruined this evening now haven't I?"

"No!"Bill cried wrapping an arm around her, "don't you dare think you have because you haven't. Trust me, you haven't. Now, about that book...?"

The pair snuggled up on the sofa once more, the book between them and stayed that way for hours, sharing a kiss every so often but mainly reading for the last time in that house.