142

Picking up the telephone Harley dialled the number she had memorised. Tears were rolling down her reddened cheeks and her lip was quivering as she waited for the other end to be answered. It seemed like a year had passed by the time she heard his voice on the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

"Orlando?"

"Harley? Oh God, what's wrong?" Her brother exclaimed, he could hear in her voice the tears that were choking her. Harley couldn't speak, the words seemed so unreal that to say them felt like the hardest task in the world. This would be the only time that she would be thankful that Orlando could read minds as he was able to find out what had occurred. "I'll be right there. I'll help you pack and you can live with me."

The line went dead and she dropped the phone, the cord dangled from the table and the phone just shot reached the floor just like she did as her knees gave way. The sound of her body colliding with the floor echoed around the room and her sobs were horrifying. Orlando apparated into the flat and found his sister in a heap, the pain etched across her face was tormenting.

"Hey, hey... shhh, shhh," he rubbed her back and guided her up into his arms. "It's going to be okay, I know it doesn't seem like it now but it will be. You both are made for each other and Bill is stupid to think that you don't feel the exact same way that he does. Your words would have made sense in your head but sometimes, especially when you're madly in love with someone, they can come out wrong. Even I know that you think your wedding is a big deal. And because to you, your day is a big deal, you believe it's everyone's right to feel that about their day. You can't tell your cousin that he can't get married just because you are the month after. That isn't right, and you know that."

Harley sniffed, using the sleeves of her jumper to wipe her nose and tears. She looked up at Orlando, her grey eyes were glossed over and she looked so small in his arms. "Orlando-"

"But I understand where Bill is coming from. From the way that you said it, by accident of course, seemed as if you were undervaluing your wedding. It's natural for him to be pissed because he is so in love with you! You just need to explain that to him."

"How? When he doesn't want anything to do with me!"  Orlando ran his fingers through her hair to try and soothe her as she sobbed harder once again. "I love him so much. I really do. My words got muddled and I understand why he's angry. It's like you said but he didn't even give me a chance to rectify it."

"Who the fuck are you?"

The siblings looked up to see who it was in the doorway to the living room. The man was vexed, his jaw clenched tightly and his fists were ready to punch Orlando. Harley pulled away from Orlando and hauled herself up, stumbling slightly but her brother held onto her to stop her falling as he got up himself.

"I'll ask you again, who the fuck are you? Get off my Harley."

Orlando stepped back a little intimidated by the man before them. Harley continued to wipe away her tears and the snot that had been caused from her crying. Orlando find really know what to do face-to-face with an accused, wanted, mass-murderer.

"Your Harley? I don't think so, buddy." Orlando responded. He was able to scrape some confidence from within him and his eyes darkened and closed to near-on slits.

"Yeah, well she is more mine than yours."

"Doubt that."

"Well, considering I have no idea who the fuck you are, that just shows I am more to her than you are, kiddo." Sirius smirked and leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Sirius, this is... Sam, he's a friend. Sam, this is Sirius. He's innocent."

"Just like your cousin, darling, you're awful at lying, tell me the truth." Sirius rolled his eyes playfully.

Harley sucked in a breath and looked between the two men. "I'm Orlando, her brother."

Sirius' mouth dropped open and for a moment he wanted to bark with laughter but he couldn't bring himself to. He glanced to Harley who nodded and he then studied them both. Same eyes. Same smile. Same fiery attitude. Definitely a Lupin. That was for sure. "How?"

"Mum and Dad couldn't look after me and put me up for adoption, two years before they had Harley. Simple as that. I found Harley and well, we stayed in touch and stuff." Orlando shrugged, "so yeah, I'd like to say she's more mine than yours. You know, we she share the same blood and that."

"Blood means jack shit."

Harley sighed, "Look, you both mean a lot to me. End of discussion!"

Sirius smirked smugly at Orlando who returned the gesture. The former then noticed the puffy cheeks and the tears, "what happened? Why have you been crying?"

"Oh, it's nothing. I was telling Orlando about my childhood, I felt up to it this time and well, once I started, I couldn't stop," she chuckled, this time, Sirius bought her lie. "What can I do for you anyway?"

"I came to see if you were okay about the wedding. Remus' and Tonks'."

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm happy for them."

"Right, you'd say if you wasn't. Wouldn't you?"

"Of course."

Sirius nodded and looked at Orlando who watched his sister inspectingly. He nodded, "Right, well, I'll leave you two to it. You're coming for dinner tomorrow, right? At The Burrow?"

"Wouldn't miss it."

Sirius returned to his dog form and left the flat leaving Harley and Orlando to themselves. Orlando turned to his sister, "Are you still coming with me?"

"I don't have a choice. I'll get my things."

"Write him a letter, that way you can tell him everything you can't in person."

Harley nodded. She returned to the bedroom and around an hour later she returned. Her bags were on a small keychain, shrunken down and easy to hold. She had been crying once again. Orlando took her hand and helped her out of the flat door. She shut the door behind her and slipped the keys back through the letter box.

She closed her eyes and leg Orlando dissapparate them both away.