23

Harley stared at the vase in shock, her heartbeat had quickened and her eyes were as wide as saucers. The vase was beautiful, its china white with intricate floral patterns of all different colours. It was very clear that it was old, at least forty years or so, but could do with a clean because of the thick layer of dust clumping up on it. However, that wasn't the reason that she exclaimed, it was what was on the inside that shocked her. Bill, Roger, and Asa entered the room with questioning looks but, Harley remained in the same position. 

Her hand reached into the vase and pulled out the papers that were inside. Cut-outs of Harry Potter, his parents, Dumbledore, and other people. She rifled through them, newspaper reports were mixed within them, dating back years including the Sirius Black articles. Yet, she came across something even more strange and peculiar, some cut out pictures of her cousin, Pettigrew and even. . .herself? "What the actual fuck?" She gasped. 

"What? What is it?" Roger asked her as he peered over he shoulder. "That's you! Why would there be pictures of you?"

"And my cousin, his friends, Dumbledore his friend's kid. Who lived here?" Harley turned to the older curse-breaker. 

Asa shrugged, "We're still trying to decipher that. Whoever it is, clearly know stuff about you. You probably knew them."

Harley shook her head, "Unless they were curse-breakers, I knew nobody else that lived here." 

Bill stepped up and took the vase and paper from her hands, placing the pictures and articles back into the china. "I'll keep hold of this, I will try and research more into it if you want. If you are sure you know of nobody else here, then we have a mystery to solve."

"I know. I am just confused as to who, what, where, when, why and how happened here. Why are there multiple corpses in this house? Why do they have so many goblin items and mostly why do they have stuff about me, my cousin and his associates." Harley sighed. 

Roger hummed in response before pinching the bridge of his nose, "Right, well we will come back tomorrow. After the recent findings, I think we all need a good rest and shower. I will also do some research, I'll contact the Goblins and see what they know and we'll go from there." 

"Yeah, and shove some scented candles up our nostrils, to get that awful stench of death out of our systems. I recommend lavender, vanilla or cinnamon-they're nice smells." Asa nodded, "Well, I bid you all farewell, my shower is calling my name." With a crack, the blue-eyed, brunette was gone and Roger followed shortly.  

"We'll get this sorted," Bill said to Harley who nodded unsurely. "Let's just get home, yeah?" 

They looped their fingers together and were pulled into a tight tube-like the area as they disapparated and landed in Bill's house. He placed the vase on the kitchen side before they sat themselves down on the sofa. As much as Harley tried to listen to Bill talking about some random stories, her mind couldn't stop straying to the whole mystery vase. Who would want to know anything about her? It wasn't as if she is famous or well-known. Harley was just Harliana Lupin- a normal witch who is a curse-breaker. Just Harley. 

* * *

The next day the curse-breakers returned back to the abandoned house and searched for more clues and goblin possessions. For the latter, they collected lots but for the first, they had about as much luck as a cucumber tasting like a burger-nil chance- in other words. 

Although, Roger had found out who had lived in the house. It was a man named Jeremy Pollard and his two younger brothers, Dennis and Andrew. Those were also who was identified as the corpses they had found. What they wanted with Harley was still unclear. However, with all of the goblin-possessions cleared from the house, the curse-breakers packed everything they used away and locked the derelict building up for the last time. "Well, I am not sorry to leave that place," Bill stated as he and Harley strolled back to their houses. 

"Neither am I. Bloody creepy shithole." The girl shuddered and shook her hair from its braid at the same time. "Oh bugger." She dragged her fingers through the tangles so that it was as neat and presentable as she could muster but, to be perfectly honest, it didn't help much. 

Bill snorted, "I'll find out the answers to this vase riddle." 

"Bill-don't. The people behind it are dead. To be honest, I don't care." 

"Harley-"

"No Bill, you have enough on your plate with what is going on with your siblings. Let's just leave it." Bill rolled his eyes but the woman didn't notice. Instead, she began to skip along the dirt tracked road, the dust clouding up around her. "If this was coloured it would look really cool right now!"

"Whatever you say Harls." 

"What?! It would! Like one of those timblery things." 

"I haven't got a clue what you are going on about." 

"Shit, yeah you don't. But I kind of do. Timblery is this app on a phone that cool, photos and videos get shared on and it's basically an adjective now. So many muggles go, 'OMG! THAT'S SO TIMBLERY!' I don't bloody understand to be honest." 

"Gathered that." Bill smirked. 

"Oi!"

A/n-

This so short! I apologise! Anyway, what are your thoughts?

I also made an instagram that is to do with my wattpad and reading, writing etc. It's @ Izzy.bella3 similar to my new username on here. But yeah, you may get spoilers or little snippets of my books on there. 

Also, If you want to know more about Harley's cousin and his friends, feel free to read 'Afraid' Sirius Black, you'll understand stuff a bit more if you're confused. (Shameless self promo-whoops :|) 

Bye!