31

Harley returned home that evening her eyes bloodshot and puffy, her cheeks stained with tears and a photograph clutched into her hand. It was one of her uncle, Remus and herself that day. She had introduced a 'selfie' to the pair and Lyall insisted of developing three copies that instant. He also transfigured a frame for Harley out of thin air and since it was put together she hadn't let go. It was nice to think that she did have some family that cared about her even after all of these years. She was adamant that they would not want to know her because she had left it so long due to work and her parents not allowing her to see them. However, that was not the case.

The young woman placed the photograph on the mantle above the fire and perched herself on the sofa. She sat still, not moving, just about blinking. Everything her family had just told her was still sinking in and was processing slowly. How could her parents keep her in the dark about everything? Especially the death of Hope, her aunt. She was disgusted, even more so than she already was towards her parents. They just keep getting worse and worse. Harley couldn't imagine what she would do if she ever saw them again.

The blonde finally stood up after what felt like seconds but was more like minutes and made her way to her bedroom. Standing in front of the mirror she stripped until she was fully nude. She took off the charm that hid her scars and stared at her reflection. She hadn't looked at herself in years, yes in the mirror when she washed her face and cleaned her teeth, but not properly like this.

Her pale complexion had lines of red and pink, along with patches of white from older scars. Her body was like a canvas splattered with paint of numerous colours and shades. Yet, instead of a beautiful painting Harley saw a mess. Of course, she wasn't calling herself fuck ugly, but she wasn't calling herself beautiful either. She saw herself like a broken vase. Something that looked nice but was ruined with one small hit, that turned to more hits then to smashes.

Harley sighed before grasping a towel and more underwear along with her pyjamas and headed into the bathroom to shower. She wasn't prepared to put herself into a state of melancholy. Instead, she let the cool water run over her body refreshing her and her mind. Only then did she realise that she needed people in her life and couldn't keep locking herself away, and it was all down to Bill Weasley.

If he hadn't of transferred to Egypt. If hadn't of become her first proper friend. If they didn't have that little spat, she would never have owled Remus. Bill brought her back to her family without knowing it. How could she ever thank him enough for bringing light into her den of darkness?

* * *
That night Bill stayed at his house and Harley at hers but she couldn't sleep. Her mind travelled to Bill and how fortunate she was to have him in her life. It sounded soppy but what's life without soppiness? Harley hadn't had any experience with relationships before but she was sure that Bill is one heck of a boyfriend. He didn't shower her with lovey-dovey crap but showed he cared by being himself. He didn't have to do anything but smile and he brought a smile to Harley's face. Truthfully, she didn't have a clue what the hell was going on with herself, but she strangely liked it. 

Little did she know Bill was thinking the same as her. He knew that Harley had her secrets but didn't everyone. He didn't expect her to spill her whole life out to him, he knew that over time she might tell him bits but he didn't want to force her to do so. He didn't have much experience with relationships either. To say that Bill was liked by girls in school and at work was true but he had only had one other girlfriend (if he could even class her as one), a girl named Davina who was in Hufflepuff. They only lasted a few hours, she asked him out as a dare and foolishly he agreed, but being twelve he believed he was 'in love'. When in reality, he still didn't know what love is at the age he is now. He didn't think he was in love with Harley... but he hoped that one day. One day, he may fall in love with her. Harley was someone different like a box of mysteries he wanted to solve his prize being her love at the end of it.

There was a knock on his bedroom door and he stood from his position in bed and swung it open. Harley stood there her hair in a braid, plaid pyjama bottoms and a tank top. "Can I stay over?" She asked.

Bill didn't say anything. He pulled her into his chest wrapping his arms around her. She fell into his arms like a leaf off of a tree spirally to the ground. Her head laid on his bare chest and her hands pressed against the small of his back. Bill pressed a short kiss onto her head before shutting the door and guiding them both to the bed. "Thank you." Harley muttered as the laid beneath the warmth of the covers.

"For what, Harls?" Bill asked in barely a whisper.

"For being you."

"Anytime... let's get some sleep. We have some boring lives to live tomorrow."

"I like boring." Harley smiled.

"So do I."