69

Harley chewed her bottom lip as she waited for Bill to say something. She didn't care if he didn't say it back, she just wanted him to say something to slice the thick air.

Bill sat with his mouth opening and shutting repeatedly like a fish out of water. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her, searching for any sign of her lying. "You mean that?" He asked her after a while. Harley nodded. "Love, I..."

"If you don't want to say it. Don't. I just wanted you to know that I love you. I don't mind if you don't feel that way yet, or ever, I just wanted you to know." The woman said, standing up and putting the kettle on. She began to make herself some coffee when Bill wrapped his arms around her waist. "Bill, seriously, it's fine."

Bill nodded, "okay, well, thank you. That means a lot. But because I haven't said it, doesn't mean that I don't like you so very much still. You know that right?"

"I know."

A couple of months had gone by and Harley and Bill had their lives back on track. Both of them were smiling, sleeping better and not worrying about Xavier Hughes anymore. Knowing that he was rotting in Azkaban was all they needed to be reassured. Nobody except, themselves, Roger, Asa, Moody and Tonks knew and that was okay with them.

The April heat had begun and was taking a toll on the couple. "I don't understand how you are so used to it." Bill groaned, tugging his hair up into a pony tail and rolling his sleeves up.

Harley chuckled, "I have lived here for years, it's not that bad. You should be used to it by now. You could help yourself by wearing some shorts and a t-shirt or short-sleeved shirt every once in a while."

Bill grumbled knowing she was right, narrowing his eyes. "You could've told me before we left the house."

"You should use your brain more often." Harley retorted, poking his side and hip-bumping him out of the way as she saw to some paperwork. Bill rested his head on her shoulder as he read over it, his hands finding her waist. "For a smart man, your spelling is awful."

Bill gasped dramatically, "my spelling is one hundred percent correct, thank you very much."

Harley looked at him in bewilderment deciding not question it. The pair worked over some paperwork during the day until Asa disturbed them. "So, you know ages ago, I said you could meet my man? Well, we were going for a drink in a pub later tonight, possibly going the three broomsticks in Hogsmeade and were wondering if you two want to join us?"

Bill and Harley looked at each other and shrugged, "We'd love too." Said Bill.

"Great!" Concludes Asa, grinning. "Eight O'clock? See you there!"

* * *

Entering the familiar pub, Harley searched over the crowds of wizards and witches enjoying an evening drink, looking for Asa and his boyfriend. Asa caught her eye and waved them over. Pushing through the crowds they reached the table for four and greeted their co-worker.

"Bill, Harley, this is Dylan. Dylan this is Harley and Bill." Asa introduced the three.

Dylan was a lean man, with a charming smile and silver hair, despite being around Asa's age. "It's nice to meet you." Dylan smiled, shaking their hands, "please sit down."

The pair took a seat and Bill started conversation, "So how'd you two meet?" He pointed at the pair.

"Believe it or not, we were dorm mates in Hogwarts, you probably don't recognise me, I like to dye my hair, silver being my latest choice." Dylan explained running a hand through his styled hair.

"Oh...okay. So what's your natural hair colour then?" Harley asked.

"Blonde."

Dylan seemed to be a lovely man and the four all got on very well. Asa explained that he was moving in with him and that was the reason they were meeting each other, as they were soon to be neighbours. Bill left to get a round of drinks in, the men having some fire-whiskey and Harley just having some water. "Are you sure, love?" Bill asked her.

"I'm sure." She smiled. Bill nodded and left to get the drinks leaving Harley in the company of the couple who were slowly getting drunk, much like Bill.

"So how did you and Bill end up together?" Dylan questioned the woman, smirking at her.

Harley laughed, "to be honest, I have no clue. We just ended up kissing, then he asked me."

"Very movie-like." He commented.

"You watch movies?"

"Muggle-born, love." He pointed at himself causing the three to laugh. "What about you?"

"Pure-blood, but not against anything."

Dylan grinned, "fair enough. Do you have any muggle family or just curious to find out about muggle things, such as movies?"

Over the loud chatter, Harley found herself shouting, "my late aunt!"

Bill returned with the drinks asking again if Harley was sure about just drinking water and she reassured him once more. Bill wrapped an arm around her shoulders and brought her head closer to his as Asa and Dylan shared a kiss. "Tripley sure?" He slurred slightly.

"I'm sure." She scrunched her nose up at the smell of alcohol on his breath. She pushed him away slightly and continued to drink her water. Bill peppered her lips with kisses until Asa and Dylan decided to call it a night. "Well it was lovely to meet you, Dylan, and I wish you guys  all the best with loving in together."

Dylan and Asa hugged the couple and left the pub, leaving the couple in a booth together. Bill was very drunk and they had work the next day. "Maybe we should get you home too, mister." Harley chuckled lifting his head from her shoulder.

Bill hummed in response, his lisp returning to her neck. Harley squealed at the tickling sensation of his kisses and scooted away from him. "Come on, Will, let's get you home."