30

Harley watched from her table, Bill talking to a female worker who was obviously flirting. She twiddled her hair between two fingers laughing loudly at what Bill had said about the object she had asked for help with. Whilst giggling her hand landed on his arms and her mouth fell agape as she squeezed his muscles saying something to him. Bill politely smiled moving out of her grip reverting his gaze back to the object. He told her about what he was doing before bidding her goodbye as he returned to his table. 

Harley didn't look at him, instead, she kept her head down with what she was dealing with. Roger had her sat researching about the Pollards still, so she was not inspecting artefacts. Asa was working in a tomb meaning it was just the pair of them in the one area. Her hair fell over her face as she hadn't tied it back today, Bill continued with his actual work occasionally glancing over at the woman. "You are awfully quiet today, love." He said. "Everything okay?"

"I'm fine." She grumbled scribbling down her notes and flicking her eyes back to the book. Bill placed down his equipment sitting in his seat which sat directly next to hers. He swiped some hair out of her face with his thumb which had a silver band ring around it 

"No, you aren't," Said Bill, "Spill it, otherwise I will tickle you."

"I said I am fine." 

"Harls-"

She grunted, "No. Shut up and leave me alone, I am okay. Just get on with your work or go help someone."

Bill's face was full of confusion until a hammer hit the back of his head causing him to realise what was going on. "You're jealous."

"Jealous?"She scoffed, "As if. Of what? Stupid Suzy and her flirtation. I think not."

Bill smirked and poked her side causing her to squirm, "Yes you are. It's cute. . .Oh! That scowl, now that tops it off." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders pulling her into his chest. He discretely kissed her head and whispered, "She has nothing on you."

Harley blushed her head pressing further into his chest. "Shut up. Now get off before anyone notices, especially Suzy." 

Bill snorted releasing the woman and returning to his work winking over his shoulder at her. Harley rolled her eyes biting her quill before choking on a feather. "Nope, should not have done that."

* * *

Harley bade Bill goodbye and kissed his cheek before apparating to Devon with some Chocolate and flowers. It must have seemed as if she was going on a date or to the hospital to give her wishes to someone instead of visiting her uncle and cousin for the first time in years. She remembered how much Lyall loved tulips and how much Remus loved chocolate. She glanced down the familiar road and closed her eyes entering memory lane. Running down the road being chased by Remus and his friends, being hoisted onto her cousins' shoulders and giggling uncontrollably. Opening her eyes she continued her steps until she reached the door. She raised her spare hand and tapped on the door lightly. 

It swung open revealing her uncle. "Harley!" He cried engulfing her into a hug, "Oh my, sweetheart, I have missed you so much. Look how much you have grown!" Harley fell into his arms making sure not to crush the flowers and chocolates. 

"I've missed you too." She muttered into his shoulder. "So, so much." 

Lyall pulled away reluctantly and she passed him the yellow tulips. "They're lovely, you didn't have too."

"Dad! Let her in, I want to see her!" She heard Remus call from inside. Lyall nodded and ushered her in shutting the door behind them and leading her into the living room. "My oh my, Harley!" Remus jumped up and pulled her off of her feet into a hug wrapping her legs around his waist like they used to hug. "Words cannot explain how much I have missed you little one."

"Same, Remus." She replied. "I should have visited a long time ago, I am so sorry."

"Don't, you have nothing to be sorry for. And despite you being an adult, scarily, you will not get away from your nickname. You are still little to me." 

"Oh shush you, just because you are as tall as the Whomping Willow." She giggled as she was put back down on to the ground, handing him the chocolate. He grinned thanking her and kissing her head.

The three too a seat on the sofa Harley in between the two and Lyall pulled her into him. "I can't believe that you are here. You must tell us everything."

Harley told her family everything that happened in her life except for how her parents acted and treated her along with dating Bill, that was still a secret. Remus commented in places causing her to laugh and lead onto more stories. Once she was finished it had been an hour and it was the other two's chance to explain. 

"... Mum she got ill, like really ill. She was in and out of hospitals, nobody knew what was wrong with her. She couldn't eat, she couldn't sleep, moving was painful but she claimed that she was okay and forced us to turn our attention to other things. Of course, it was difficult for us to do but we respected our wishes, like one day I visited her from school having requested to come home for a week in my last year. One of those days she told me to visit my girlfriend, a muggle. Three weeks later mum died, her funeral a two weeks after that." Remus said solemnly, "I admit I was angered by the fact that you and your parents didn't show up. But, now I know that you were not aware of her death I just am angered by your parents."

"As am I." Said Harley, confusing the pair,"I haven't spoken to them since I left for school in September of my last year. When I got home I found out they had gone on a cruise, a month later I was in Egypt."

"Harley, surely you would have spoken to them since?" Said Lyall.

"No, t-they don't have time for me it seems. They aren't even in England anymore."

"What?" Questioned Remus, "where are they?"

"Well I got sent a letter a while ago, I just didn't reply, but they've moved to America with friends, the house is now in my name."

Lyall grinned, "Are you moving back, the house isn't far from here."

"Sadly no, I love it out in Egypt, but I will visit when I can, I have holiday time I can use and if you'll have me I'd love to stay sometime for a bit." She replied glancing at Remus who nodded. 

"Of course,"He nodded, "Come whenever, we have a spare room which is the one you used to use when my friends were over."

Lyall chuckled, "Aka, the room you used when you couldn't sneak in with Remus."

"Thank you."

Harley and her family enjoyed a lovely afternoon together playing chess and exploding snap, and even going through photo albums. It was good to be back with the family she loved, something she should have done ages ago.