8

"SNOW IS FALLING! ALL AROUND US! CHILDREN PLAYING, HAVING FUN! TIS THE SEASON-" Harley sang as she danced around her kitchen, a spatula in hand. She was making cupcakes, as she had the day off. Three weeks had passed since she fell asleep in the tomb. She had bowls after bowls, filled with many different flavoured mixes, and frosting's, along with many toppings and used utensils. Her hair was up in a messy bun, she had a red apron wrapped around her and her arms and face was covered in ingredients. 

The door swung open and Bill entered amused at the sight he was seeing. You see, after the three months of the pair catching up, Bill settling in, the pair both agreed that the other one could walk right into their houses, no permission needed. He lent against the wall bemused, smiling at Harley who continued to prance around the kitchen, singing Christmas songs very loudly, despite it still being mid-November. 

The blonde girl swung round, laughing joyfully, as she waved her spatula around, singing towards Bill. "One would think it was December and not November." Bill said. 

Harley winked at him, replying, "After the fifth of November, Christmas starts."

"If you say so." 

The man hopped up onto a clear area of the kitchen side and watched his friend bake many different batches of cupcakes. There were, vanilla, chocolate, mint chocolate, caramel, toffee, cinnamon, and ginger cupcakes. "Did you make fruit ones?" Bill asked. 

Harley's nose wrinkled before she turned to him,  "I am all for healthy eating, but FRUIT IN CUPCAKES IS A SIN! JUST LIKE FRUIT IN CHOCOLATE! It's Christmas, it basically means unhealthiness."

Bill's eyes widened and he raised his hands in surrender, "I don't think that's the definition of Christmas, but I am not one to oppose of treats."

Harley snorted, before turning her attention back to the frostings. All different flavours and colours again. Some had added pieces of chocolate, or crunchy pieces of caramel. She carefully frosted each cupcake, letting Bill eat the excess as she went, before adding the last toppings. In the end there were:

12x Vanilla cupcakes with lemon frosting topped with green and red sprinkles. 

12x Chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate swirled with milk chocolate frosting topped with dark chocolate shavings and a single cherry. 

12x Mint chocolate cupcakes with mint frosting and topped with milk chocolate curls and mint ice-cream sauce. 

12x Caramel cupcakes with crunchy caramel and vanilla frosting and crunching caramel curls for toppings. 

12x Toffee cupcakes with vanilla frosting and toffee fudge pieces on top.

12x Cinnamon cupcakes with vanilla frosting and chocolate sauce on top.

12x Gingerbread cupcakes with vanilla frosting and gingerbread pieces on top.

Needless to say her kitchen was cupcake galore, as she flicked her wand and everything dirty was clean and put away, leaving the treats on display. Bill stared, wide-eyed at the cupcakes before turning to Harley who pulled off her apron. "You are a cupcake goddess." He practically drooled. 

"Thank you?" She chuckled, handing him a gingerbread one. "Dig in." 

She remembered Bill loving gingerbread at school, and took a cinnamon one for herself. She instantly fell in love with the cupcake and from the looks of things Bill had done the same with his. The stood in silence just eating and savouring the taste of their cupcakes. "How's you learn to cook and bake so well?" Bill finally filled the silence. 

Harley stopped eating, caught off guard with the sudden question. She couldn't tel him the truth, having had to learn to cook for herself from a young age, but she didn't want to lie either. However, she knew that was the only option. "I have no siblings, my parents work and so do my other relatives as does my cousin, I had a lot of free time in the holidays back when I was in school, so I took up cooking and baking." Okay, so that wasn't much of a lie, she did have a lot of time during the holidays and cooked/baked.

"Well, I am glad you did, you're really good. Why didn't you go professional?" Bill replied.

"I preferred curse-breaking, cooking is just a hobby and something I have to do every day anyway. It's an escape from working." 

"So I asked, Roger today if my family could come and see the sites over Christmas, and he said I didn't have to ask, but also I can." 

"That's great, have you told your parents this?" Harley throw the outer case of the cupcake in the bin. 

"Yes, I owled them before I came over and I am just waiting for a reply, though it could take days my family owl is not in the best state. Crashes into windows a lot." He grimaced. 

"You could've used mine, he loves travelling long distances." She pointed at her owl that was sat in his cage. "Isn't that right, Ginger?"

"Uh, I dunno, I am not your owl." Bill said confusedly. 

Harley burst into a fits of giggles as she pointed between the owl and Bill, who stood eyeing her puzzledly. "My-owl-is-called-Ginger." She said, throughout her giggles. 

Bill mentally face palmed, having now remembered her owl from Hogwarts and how many times she had called for the owl in her schooling days. How could he forget, the beautiful owl. "I sound so thick now." He stated. 

Harley calmed down and said, "Honey, you don't sound thick, you are thick." 

Bill raised his eyebrows and charged at her knocking her onto the floor, and began to tickle her. Instantly she squirmed, and giggled, as he ran his fingers over her body. "MERCY HAVE MERCY!" She yelled, but he did not stop. "Please Will!" She exclaimed, using her nicknmae for him. 

"Nope, no can do Harls." He grinned popping the 'p'. 

"I hate you." 

"Love you too Harls."