144

"Is it bad I want to go back to Egypt to escape everything? But then again, if I go back I'll have people like Asa, Dylan and Roger asking me about it all. And as much as I love them three to death, I don't know how well I'll be able to handle it all."

Orlando perched next to Harley on the sofa a week later and put his hand on her knee. "Well, other than wherever Bill is, where have you felt the happiest in your life?"

"Egypt."

"So forget about the what ifs and the possibilities of being interrogated. If that's somewhere that made you happy then maybe it will do it again. You already know your way around and people who will be there so it's not like a fresh clean slate, but more like one that's been used and some chalk dust is still on there. I'll support you whatever your decision is." He said to her, "you're my sister and I love you. Whatever makes you happy is what you should do."

"I'll send a letter to Roger. I'll just say that things haven't quite worked out well in the job department. The librarian work at the University is great and it's a nice atmosphere but it doesn't give me the rush that cursebreaking did."

"Harley, you sacrificed so much for love. Whether Bill realises it or not. You have up on your dream. You uprooted your stable life in Egypt. You left your friends. And probably so much more. I know you let your guard down and freaking exposed yourself in so many ways to not have any hidden secrets pertaining your past. I'm probably the only thing you've kept from him but you kept that from nearly everyone just so you can get to grips with it all. Harley, if he's going to give you up over a lack of communication between your brain and your mouth then he is a fool. You hear that? An absolute fool and he will never get anyone like you ever again. You are one in a million and my so bloody thankful I get to share the same genetic as you." Harley chuckled at the end of her brother's speech and summoned some parchment and writing equipment in order to get a letter sorted for Roger. "Yes! You go girl! Act on impulse! Live freely! Then after that can you like, you know, make some brownies? We need cake to cheer you up."

Dear Roger,

I'm sorry if this is inconvenient but moving to England hasn't worked out the way I thought it would. It's been months and no cursebreaking jobs have come about and I thought I'd be able to cope. Needless to say I can't. The job I currently have is good, don't get me wrong, but it's not on the level of cursebreaking. It's not thrilling and everyday is so similar to the last that I don't know how long it will be before it grows boring.

And between you and I, (please do not tell this next part to Asa and Dylan), Bill and I are no longer together. I'm not sure if he has told our families yet but yeah. It's safe to say, there isn't much keeping me in England full time. Yes, I have my family but I can always visit or the other way around.

Anyway, I'm writing to see if there are any positions available with you back in Egypt? I miss it there and I really want to continue cursebreaking. I understand if there isn't bu I'd rather try then not try at all.

I hope all is well with you and I'm sorry for not keeping in touch as much as I would have liked.

- Harley Lupin.

Harley enveloped the letter and gave it to Ginger to take to Egypt for her right away. Then she accompanied Orlando in the kitchen who had gathered all of the ingredients for brownies. It was all a waiting game now.

* * *

Two days had passed. Harley didn't go to dinner at The Burrow. In fact, she didn't leave Orlando's house. She stayed in (having quit her job) and spent her day baking in order to relieve her from the torturous heartache and anxiousness over the possibility of moving back to Egypt. If she did, she'd return to England for Remus and Tonks' wedding but not stay any longer than that. She couldn't miss their wedding.

She was just icing some cupcake when Ginger swooped in the window hooting with a letter in his beak. Resting the piping bag on the countertop she wiped her hands on her apron and plucked the letter from Ginger's beak and gave him a treat. It was from Roger. She would recognise his handwriting from anywhere.

Dear Harley,

I'm so sorry that things have not worked out the way you had hoped and I'm sorry and you and Bill. You're probably tired of hearing this but I genuinely believed that you both were made for each other.

I am so glad that you did get in touch because things here just haven't been the same without you! It's strange not having someone to keep a tight reign on Asa when he's working, or provide us with some baked goods (I miss your chocolate and fudge cookies!) but most of all I miss having you around. I have always seen you as a daughter and when you left I know for a fact that myself, Asa and even Dylan were at a loss without you.

Even if there wasn't a position available I would have made one for you. You're the best employee I have ever had (don't tell Asa haha) but there is your old job. You see we've had such high standards that no matter who tried it just wasn't right. Even your old house hasn't been moved into since you left. However, I know that might be a sore spot because you and Bill lived there together so I can get a different house if you want me to. Just say, it's not bother.

I'll be happy to have you back and I'm sure the rest of the team will be too. I haven't mentioned anything to Asa and Dylan, that's your choice, sweetheart. Dylan taught me how to use a muggle telephone so here is my number:

01234 987 654

Call me to discuss the other guys and bobs, it'll be nice to hear your voice and will be much quicker.

I've been good also, but I have truly missed having you around.

Talk soon,

Roger.

"Well, Ginger, looks like we're going home."

A/n-
3rd update today! This is to make up for the lack of updates in 2019 due to exams and illness <3 thank you all for the support we're nearly at 400k and you guys a freaking phenomenal 🧡🧡
02/01/2020