18

Eventually, Bill agreed to play Muggle chess with Harley, he was only joking around when he kept saying no, but when he got flustered he agreed instantly. You can't blame him though, after all, he is twenty-four years old, and Bill will be Bill. They played three rounds of chess before Bill went home and collected his over night gear, meanwhile Harley was setting up a bed. She transfigured a book into a small camp bed and got some blankets and pillows to dress it. By the time she was finished, Bill had returned and joined her upstairs, it was nearly midnight at this point, and the two were getting drowsy. "I'm back!" Bill chorused, "Did you miss me?"

"So much," Harley pouted, "You can have my bed, I'll have the camp bed, no arguments."

"Harls-"

"What did I say?"The woman cut him off, "Now, I am going for a shower, make yourself at home." Harley grabbed some pajamas, new underwear and entered the bathroom locking the door. As soon as Bill heard the water start to run he grabbed his wand and transfigured the camp bed back into a book and placed the blankets and Pillows from it on Harley's bed. He changed into his pajamas bottoms and sat down on the bed, just like he did that morning. She's showered three times today? He thought to himself. Oh well.

It didn't take long for the water to shut off and five minutes later Harley exited the bathroom her hair still wet, but now changed into some pajama shorts and a spaghetti strap top. Grabbing her wand she dried her hair and went to go to the camp bed but noticed it wasn't in sight. "uh, Will, where is my bed?"

"Right here." The man patted next to him.

"Uh, no, I meant the camp bed."

"Oh." Said Bill, "That. Well, I figured you didn't need to use that. Harley, we are both adults and this bed is more than big enough for us both, so we could just share. Besides, I don't want to kick you out of your own bed."

"Will-"

"Harley, come on, it's only one night!" Bill said, although Harley still looked unsure.

Maybe she shouldn't have suggested that he stayed over? there was a reason she set out the camp bed. She could hide under the covers, lift off a spell she keeps on her during the day, and then in the morning put it back on without Bill knowing. Of course, if she falls asleep by accident the spell is not lifted, but it makes it quite uncomfortable to sleep, lifting the charm is like a breath of fresh air, and she didn't want to sleep with it on. The charm hides all of her scars that she had received over the years, she doesn't have to take it off when she showers so that is a bonus, but she doesn't want to take it off, share a bed with Bill, allowing him to see all of them. Maybe she'll just have to sleep with the charm on?

Reluctantly she nodded her head and climbed into the bed next to Bill. "Are you alright?" The man asked and she nodded her head once again. "Harley, I know something is up."

"Nothing is up, Bill." She sighed, "I'm tired that's all."

Bill raised his eyebrows, "You're a shit liar you know that right?"

"Am I? You're shit at reading facial expressions because I am not lying." Harley retorted. I can't be a shit liar, otherwise, you would know everything already. She thought.

"No, I am most certainly not!" Bill cried and began to tickle her. That seems to be all he does to her is tickle her. For someone to get good enough grades to become a curse breaker he uses tickling as his weapon? Surely he could do something better? Harley writhed around, chortling and squealing as she kicked the air and held onto her sides.

"St-stop!" The blonde cried out, "Bill I swear to Merlin if you don't stop I-I -I will castrate you!"

Bill immediately stopped, his eyes wide and his hands now covering his private area. Harly smirked up at him. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

"Fuck, Harley that's just cold. You don't threaten a guy with that!"

"Why not? It got you to stop, didn't it?" Bill nodded slowly, "Exactly."

"You-"

"Hush, Little Willy, I won't harm Bill Jr. I am only jesting. Now if you don't mind I am going to sleep." She grinned before laying down on her side, pulling the covers over her head.

Bill scoffed, "Oh don't think you're going to get away with that lightly, missus."

Harley poked her head up, "Oooh, I am so scared. What are you going to do? Tickle me again? How'd that work out for you?"

Bill shook his head and laid down beside her, his arm wrapping a round her waist. "Why are you so mean to me?" He pouted.

"I'm not mean," Harley replied rolling over so that she was facing the redhead. "You're mean."

Bill shook his head, chuckling slightly before he changed the subject, "I received another letter from mum today, I read when I got my stuff. I have already told her about us making up and stuff.

"That's nice, has anyone else been petrified?" Asked Harley.

"Yeah, a Hufflepuff, Justin Finch-something or other, and one of Ron's best friends, Hermione Granger."

"Oh shit, how is he taking it?"

"Apparently, he and Harry are okay, but they miss her, though Ron has told mum not to mention the last bit. They may shut the school if anything else happens. It's awful, Ginny is in her first year! We never had shit like they've had these past two years, we had a normal school life, why can't they?"

"Maybe it's how things are meant to be. You know? I know it's bad, and it isn't fair but maybe this is all happening for a reason. And, I hate to blame just an innocent kid but maybe it has something to do with Potter now being at the school? Maybe some kid doesn't like it that a famous boy is at school with them, so they start all of this nonsense to get the attention off of Harry and onto something else."

"You could be right there." Bill nodded. "You bloody seer."

"They don't call me Harley Trelawny for nothing."

"Nobody calls you that."

"I know."