105

After the meeting, Harley left the dining room and found the majority of the youngins in the drawing room. She greeted Belle who looked down at her lap straight after. A few days before both Bill and Harley arrived, the girl had a nightmare where she saw one of the boys from the Children's home she had briefly lived in and it had left her pretty shaken up. Remus claimed that she was perfectly okay now but something told Harley otherwise. 

In some ways, Harley saw Belle as a very similar version of herself. She liked to keep things quiet and pretend everything was okay and masked things. Harley could see that was what Belle was doing very easily, it was much like herself. She was not over that nightmare or the death of her friend. 

Harley shifted to sit beside her cousin and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Belle looked up questioningly, her eyes leaving what Fred and George were messing around with - something that looked like flesh. "Hi?" Belle said quietly, and Harley dipped her head closer to Belle's.

"I know what it's like to want to keep things to yourself. It tears you apart. If you want to talk, let me know." Harley whispered and pressed a kiss to her cousin's temple. 

Belle sent her a short smile and nodded. "How are you?" Belle asked Harley nodding at the woman's stomach. 

"Brilliant, have you seen Maddie?" Harley replied her hand landing on her stomach gently. Belle shook her head. "No worries, I'll go and search for her." She winked at Belle and stood up. Fred was finished fiddling with whatever George had in his hand and sat leaning against the wall messing with his shirt. "Give Belle some love, will you, she's been patient!" Harley jested kicking his leg.

Fred rolled his eyes and flipped Harley off, jumping up and flopping onto the sofa where Harley once sat. He pulled her into a hug and Harley was pretty sure he was kissing her neck. 

The blonde woman left the kids in the Drawing room and trailed around the house in search of Madison who she hadn't seen in a while. Madison had not been at any of the Order meetings which baffled Harley, surely she would want to be there, after all, Harry is her godson.

Harley found Madison in the master bedroom with Buckbeak, the hippogriff, running her fingers gently through his feathers as she sat against his body. "Hey," Greeted Harley stepping into the room slowly, she half expected Buckbeake to rear up and not grant her permission but the bird stayed where he was and Madison beckoned Harley over. 

Harley still walked slowly just in case but sat beside Madison resting her back gently against Buckbeak who curled her wing around them both. "He likes you." Said Madison smiled, "And knows you're pregnant, that's why he has wrapped his wing around you, I remember Hagrid telling me that when I worked at Hogwarts, quite protective Hippogriffs are."

Harley grinned and brushed her hand across Buckbeaks' wing. "Why aren't you at any of the meetings?" She asked Madison. 

Madison had a feather in her hand, one that had shredded from Buckbeak. "I'm not allowed."

Did Harley hear right? What? She isn't allowed?

"What? Why?" Harley exclaimed, her eyebrows furrowed. 

Madison chuckled dryly, "Because I'm not part of the Order."

"Sorry," Said Harley rather peeved, "Why not?!"

Madison bit her lip, "According to Dumble-thot, I was not mentally stable when he was recruiting and he started recruiting again, i.e. you, Bill, Charlie etcetera, he still claimed that I am 'not in a fit mental state to cope with Order issues'! Then when I disagreed and used the whole Harry is my godson card because like, I should be involved, fucking Snivellus comes in and says 'well you weren't there for the past decade' and fuck me, Dumble-dick agreed. I have always admired the man but right now I pissed off at him and I fucking hate him!"