115

A/n- I have an announcement at the end of the chapter.

Bill took Harley out the next day. He had a day off and wanted to spend the day with only her because they hadn't done so in a while. He took her into central London for a walk around, making sure he held onto her soft hand as he had missed her touch.

Harley was wrapped up in a big winter coat, a scarf around her neck and a bobble hat on her head, meanwhile Bill was in a long black coat and a scarf. They received many warm smiles from strangers who watched the couple who was so madly in love tour the city forgetting that in their world war was brewing.

It was Christmas Eve and as the shops began to close, the sun setting and the Christmas lights being lit, the cold air nipped at the small amount of skin that was on show. They were strolling along the riverside in silence, stopping every so often to peck each other's lips, and nuzzle their red noses together.

They watched the world pass them as many men and women travelled home to their loved ones in order to settle down ready for the next day. Some people were completing last minute Christmas shopping, catching some sales. Then there was the flow of the lights above them that shone brightly over London, illuminating the city even more, reflecting on the windows and the slow flowing river.

Everything seemed to sparkle and to muggles this was their magic. To Bill and Harley, it too looked magical, such natural beauty which is a rarity during times like this. All of these people unbeknown to the fact that a war was just beginning, that an evil creature of a man would be bringing death and doom over them. The naivety too shone brightly.

Near the riverside Bill stopped and moved Harley to the wall where she stared out across the river, looking up at the London Eye which turned slowly with its bright illuminations. Bill slithered his arms around her waist, kissing her cheek tenderly. If only someone would take a picture of the couple as they cuddled in the night.

Not a word was spoken they basked in the bliss, everyone moving around them. A smile on their faces as Bill nuzzled further into Harley kissing her cheek still. Harley's hands rested over Bill's on her stomach and for the first time in months she felt happy once again. It is unbelievable that something so simple to say would have such a powerful affect on people and their emotions. That simple thing is love. Except, it's not simple. There is so many intricate details and processes that goes into love, some subconscious and some conscious. It is truly remarkable.

Bill closed his eyes picturing the two of them in his head. Harley was the best thing that could have happened to him. She was beautiful both inside and out but at the same time she was so down to earth that it was crazy to think that he didn't see it in school.

In school, Harley was just a class and team mate, a girl who was in the same house as him. Yes, they were sort of friends, more so acquaintances, but never anything more. It was strange to think that he let this woman slip passed him all that time but he was glad that the universe brought them back together. Without her, he couldn't imagine what his life would have been like now. Would he know how to cook? Would he know that falling in love was an amazing feeling? Would he know half of what he knew about living on his own? About what life is like without such a loving family?

He doubted that he would.

Harley is everything to him. His pride and joy and loving apart from her was hard. So very hard.

"Harls?" Bill broke the silence. Harley hummed in response. "You know I love you right?"

Harley looked up at Bill and smiled, "I do. And I love you too."

Bill kissed her head pulling away from her and she spun around to look at him. Her back stayed pressed against the wall. Bill put his hands in his pockets to warm them up and rocked on the balls of his feet.

Harley chuckled at him, tugging her hat down a little more as it began to slip from her head.

Bill but his lip taking his hands from his pockets having warmed them up enough. He moved one of his feet and accidentally trod on the lace of his boot. Rolling his eyes he knelt down to tie it back up again.

"Honestly Bill, I cant take you anywhere!" Harley laughed.

Bill poked his tongue out at Harley. "Actually I took you out today."

"Yes and it has been lovely," Harley responded, shaking her hips from side to side as she got a chill.

Bill finished tying his shoe laces after Harley stopped distracting him. "Hey, darling?"

"Yes, Will." He looked up at her and raised his right hand.

"Will you marry me?"

In his right hand he held a simple engagement ring, with a single diamond on the plain band. It was very Harley-like. He had brought it during the few months after the summer he was just waiting for the perfect moment to ask her. He couldn't imagine himself with anyone else in the world and to express their love even more he concluded that this was the only way.

Harley started at him speechless for a moment. Bill had untied his lace on purpose so that he could get on his knee without revealing his plan straight away. The ring glittered as the light hit it and she was in awe.

The scene was one that you could only ever imagine. A man proposing to his girlfriend by the river just as snow began to sprinkle down on them.

"Yes." Harley breathed out finally being able to form words. "Yes," she repeated nodding her head.

Bill grinned taking her hand in his and slipping on the ring, bringing her face to his and crashing their lips together. "I love you future Mrs Weasley."

"I love you Mr Weasley."

A/n-
In honour of this special moment. I can announce that my babies, Asa and Dylan have their own book called:

The Dasa Chronicles!

It's out as soon as this chapter is posted!