140

Bill's condition didn't seem to change him much, he was still the same cheeky, loving man that he was previously. He didn't seem to care too much that he was now scarred nor that he had been attacked but Harley was the total opposite. She was running around after him as if he was unable to move, she was constantly checking to see if he was okay, whether he needed anymore pain relief, or if he was comfortable enough. It reminded him of his mother and he didn't know whether it was a blessing or a curse to be perfectly honest.

Juggling work and tending to Bill was tiresome but Harley wasn't going to complain. She needed to bring money into the household and she also wanted Bill to be as comfortable as possible, the pain from his scars was rather terrifying but he would always assure her that the pain-relief potions were working wonderfully. The only problem that Bill had was the fact that Harley was working herself to the bone, once again.

As he laid in bed one night, Harley had a late shift and he couldn't sleep until he knew she was by his side. Picking up the small mirror Harley kept on the bedside table, he studied his face. It was true, he didn't care much for the scars, he just cared about no longer being good enough for Harley. She deserved a handsome man who would not outshine her looks but rather accentuate then whilst still being good-looking as well. With the scars he now wears he became at one with self-loathing. He became so transfixed with staring at himself with disgust that he didn't notice Harley standing in the doorway, with her arms folded across her chest.

"You, Remus and Belle are so hypocritical," said Harley with a sigh. She shook her head and walked to the chest of draws to get her pyjamas and changed into them. As she slipped into her night shorts, she stared directly at Bill who didn't draw his attention from the mirror at all. Harley snatched it from him and shoved into the open draw, slamming it shut.

"What was that for?"

"Because you're being a twat," said Harley, "you are a gorgeous man, Will, scars or no scars. You said it yourself that scars are what makes a person who they are and emphasises their beauty. You said that to me. You have said that to Belle. Heck, you even said it to Remus. Now listen to yourself and understand that you are bloody beautiful."

Bill huffed and ran his fingers through Harley's hair, "why do you always know the right things to say?" He brought his hand down to cup her cheek and rubbed his thumb softly over her cheekbones.

"I don't," she shrugged, "I just speak the truth."

Bill chuckled and stared into her bright grey eyes. It seemed impossible to love this woman more than he had ever loved someone. His life revolves around her and he wouldn't have it any other way. He adored the way she got on well with his family, their family actually, and how she had traits of his mother about her. He loved the bond she has with Sirius. He loved how she wasn't afraid to stand up for what she believed in, even when the situation was far from comfortable. He adored and loved her so much. He really didn't believe that he deserved such a woman like her.

Truth be told, Harley didn't think she deserved him. In fact, she didn't think she deserved much do what she had. Her upbringing taught her to not take anything for granted and if she lost Bill and the rest of the Weasley's she would be so lost. They actually made her feel like part of a family, they influenced her to get back in touch with Remus and Lyall. That brought Sirius and Madison back into her life. That brought Belle too. It brought so many different people and things into her life that she couldn't feel more grateful about.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked Bill who was still so prominently engrossed in his thoughts.

Bill smiled despite the stiffness of his face, "you."

"Me?"

"Uh huh, and how I'm so fortunate to have you in my life. I freaking adore you and I love you even more." Harley cracked a grin, butterflies erupting in her stomach as she cooked back blushing. Bill's hand on her face stopped her from moving away and he could easily feel the heat rising to her cheeks. "Merlin, you're so adorable."

"No you."

Bill shook his head at her childish remark, he remembered how Ginny was obsessed as a young child with using the phrase that hearing Harley say it made him even more glad to see that his family was wearing off on her. He knew she needed that stability in her life and was more than happy to provide her with it.

"Have you heard anything about Belle? The full moon will be soon."

Harley sighed and moved to lean her back against the head board. Bill's hands dropped from her cheek and she plucked them up and began to fiddle with his fingers. "Uncle Lyall and Sirius are going out of their minds. Madison is threatening to beat the crap out of Snape if he doesn't provide Remus and Belle with wolfsbane. Sirius is demanding that he be given the right to join Remus and Belle that night, Madison was already doing so. The first transformation is always the worst and because she will be with another werewolf they don't quite know how it will go down. I hope that Remus' presence will soothe it but I doubt it will. Fred is going bat-shit crazy because he's worried about her. And well, George, George seems to be the only comfort for her at the moment. Fred is too busy going mad and yelling at everyone about it to actually sit down with her, so that's where George has come in. He owled me yesterday to see how you were and to tell me about Belle-"

"Love, you're rambling. I'm sure everything will go fine. You need to calm down. It's like 7am."

"It's 2am."

"Same thing."

"Shut up, nonce."

"Did you just call me a nonce? Like for real?" Bill scoffed, "How much more British can you get? It's the go to insult I swear. But I for one am not a nonce. We're the same age!"

"Fine then, shut up you slag."

"Anymore?"

"Shut up, you sket."

"Anymore?"

"Shut up, you melt."

"Anything else?"

"Shut up, skatty bitch."

"Are you seriously just trying to merk me in every way possible?"

"Maybe..."

Bill shook his head and closed his eyes, "you're too cute," he sighed and patted his chest, gently she laid her head down on his chest and played with the couple of hairs he had. "Don't braid my chest hair for the love of Merlin!"

"But I wanna!"

A/n-
Just in case I don't update until next year. Have a happy new year and I wish you all the best for 2020! You guys are the fricking best, your support means the world to me and I love you all 🧡🧡

Hidden Secrets {Bill Weasley} जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें