59

Later than night Bill, Harley and Charlie were all in their beds settling down for the night when Harley spoke up. "George isn't gay, is he? He was being sarcastic or did I get the wrong end of the stick? I am not against homosexuality of course! I'm just confused."

"He's was joking around." Bill confirmed, " I just can't believe mum actually thought he was being serious." He laughed, "if any of our siblings was gay I'd have thought it was Percy, and oddly I can see him going for someone like Oliver Wood."

Charlie snorted, "Percy and Wood? You've got to be kidding yourself there, mate. Wood and Cedric Diggory more like."

"Wait, Wood is gay?"

"I don't know Harls, I just think he and my brother would be very cute together. Much like us." Bill grinned and stretched his hand out to her. She reached out and held onto his hand whilst Charlie gagged. "Oh kiss a dragon, Charlie."

* * *

Waking up on Christmas morning and not being alone was a strange feeling for Harley. She had Bill leaning over her with a child-like grin etched on his face and the smell of bacon cooking wafted through the crack under the door. Normally, she would wake herself up at any time and make her own breakfast before snuggling up with a blanket and hot chocolate in the sofa watching muggle movies or reading a book until dinner time where she would make herself something simple like a sandwich or beans on toast.

"Good morning..." Bill sang as her eyes fluttered open and she rubbed the sleep from them letting a yawn escape her lips.

"Morning." She smiled, letting him wrap her up into his arms basically laying down on top of her. "Merlin, you're heavy." She grumbled as she felt her body pressing deeper into the mattress.

"I am not! I will be after dinner but I am not right now." He tutted standing up and dragging the woman up with him who fell, literally, into his arms. "Woah there! Have you been drinking? You are very light in your feet."

Harley's eyes widened, "No!" She almost snapped, "I haven't. I don't drink."

Bill nodded and helped her onto her feet properly, "Well then, you must be very tired. But there is no time for that, it's present time!" He pulled her from the room and down the stairs joining the rest of his family at the table.

Molly smiled in the direction of the pair as she ushered everyone to sit down. "Ah, did you sleep well, Harley, dear? I hope the boys didn't keep you up with their snoring."

"I slept well, thank you, and I was almost tempted to give them nose plugs, they were shaking the room, I'm surprised you all didn't feel it." She jested sending flares from the eldest Weasley children. "No, I'm kidding, they barely snore, surprisingly."

"No we skipped that, Ron got that gene from our grandfather on dad's side." Stated Charlie laughing. "Now, he shakes the house. Or maybe it was something else, I couldn't really tell." He shot a look at Bill and Harley who sent him an unimpressed look. Ginny, the only other one to know do their relationship officially, muffled her giggles understanding what Charlie was getting at but calmed herself as her mother collected presents off of the sideboard behind her.

"Time for presents!" She exclaimed passing everyone a wrapped parcel, including Harley, stopping momentarily and trying to figure out which twin was which before giving up and allowing them to swap the gifts between themselves.

Everyone opened their gifts to find a knitted item from the eldest woman, some happy, some slightly unhappy, (Ron didn't fancy a pink and purple scarf very much). Harley was in awe as she held up the black knitted jumper with a bright red 'h' in the centre. "I love it, thank you!" She grinned at Molly and Arthur who enjoyed watching the young woman get excited over a jumper.

"Calm down, Harley it's just a jumper." Mumbled Bill.

"It's not any jumper, Bill, it's a lovely handmade one and it's so soft it's like a fluffy cloud!" She exclaimed, pressing the wool to her cheek.

"I am glad you like it dear, I wasn't sure on what colours, and Bill was no help at all either so I just chose two that I thought would suit you." Said Molly.

"It's lovely, thank you."

The Weasley children and Harley all passed around gifts, Harley making sure that each and everyone one of them liked her gifts, she want too sure on what to get them, but been as  they were all smiling she assumed they did, or were at least faking that they did. She especially enjoyed Arthur and Molly's reaction to the frame of small Egyptian artefacts that could be put on display, such as traditional jewellery, pieces of china etcetera.

Over the course of the day Bill snuck peaks at Harley who seemed to be fitting right in and becoming part of the family already. Even though she had been there during his family's visit to Egypt, but she seemed more comfortable this time. He knew it would be her first proper Christmas in a while and he was so glad that she was enjoying herself.

"You really like her don't you?" Asked Molly who snuck up behind him in the doorway between the kitchen and living room.

Bill jumped holding a hand to his chest as he calmed his breathing, "Merlin, mum, give me a heart attack!"

Molly chuckled, "don't avoid the subject. If you like her William, go for it. She is a lovely woman, if George can be straight with us- oh Merlin that came out wrong! If George can come out to us, I am pretty sure you can have the courage to get yourself a wonderful, beautiful young lady, like Harley."

"Mum, you do realise George was messing around last night and just didn't want to argue with you. He and Lee aren't together, and he is straight."

Molly's eyes widened, "GEORGE WEASLEY!"