75

Bill rubbed his face, wiping away the tears that had fell from where he read multiple diary entries. Hiding them back in the hole in the wall, Bill tidied up the pillows and put the bedding back onto the bed before tiptoeing downstairs. He could hear Harley's low breathing from where she was sleeping, sniffling occasionally.

He trudged around the front of the sofa and crouched down in front of her. He could see the  tear stains on her cheeks and the puffiness too. Her hair had fallen over her face and Bill timidly reached up and gently moved it away tucking it behind her ear.

Harley was clutching the blanket tightly, whimpering every so often, her face screwing up and her fingers trembling. Bill hated seeing her in that state.

It got to the point where he couldn't watch anymore. Instead he carefully pulled the blanket from Harley's grip and let it draped over the back of the sofa. Sliding his hands carefully beneath her, Bill lifted her into his arms and slowly carried her back up to bed. Harley gripped onto Bill's arms in her sleep, squeezing him tightly as she continued to whimper.

Bill hushed her soothingly and laid her down in the bed. Climbing in beside her, he pulled her gently by her waist into his chest, his face nuzzling into her back.

"I'm so sorry, Harley. I didn't mean to be like that." He mumbled into her back. "I'm really sorry."

There was no denying Bill blamed himself for the nightmares she had all night long. He didn't wake her because he had heard somewhere that it was not good to do so, so instead, he stayed awake all night pressing kisses to her shoulders and back and whispering soothing words to her.

Harley woke up the next morning to Bill's fingers running through her hair, and his lips peppering her shoulder blade. Yawning, she rolled over and found herself in bed. "What? How? When?"

"I'm sorry." Bill muttered, a tear dripping from his eye. "I didn't mean to shout. I didn't mean to tell you that you were in the way. I didn't mean to be like your dad."

Harley's lip trembled at the sight of Bill upset. "How'd you?" She shook her head confused.

"I...I found your diaries. Your dad said the same thing to you. I'm sorry."

Harley took a deep breath and wiped away Bill's tear. "Stop it. I'm sorry for waking you up. Let's just both agree we're to blame and forget about it."

"I can't. Harls, I can see it in your eyes, what I said reminded you of your dad. Me throwing things did too. That's brought back horrible memories. It made you have nightmares-"

Harley cut her boyfriend off with a kiss, tears mixing with it too as the buried their hands in each other's hair, trying to be as close as possible. The kiss was another way of expressing how sorry they truly were and how they forgive each other too.

Pulling away, their tears had stopped and smiled shone on their faces as they pressed their foreheads together. Bill's hands felt to the small of Harley's back rolling her over so that he was crawled on top of her.

"I love you so much." He whispered against her lips before pressing his to hers.

"I love you too." They were about to return to their kissing when  the front door was knocked on. "It's probably Asa." Said Harley.

"Shh, if we stay quiet he might go away." Bill told her and kissed her again.

Harley pulled back, "Bill, we can't, it might be urgent."

"Urgent my arse."

The knocks continued until they heard Asa start shouting, "I know you're in there! We have work to do! Come on!"

"Bugger." Groaned Bill, rolling off of Harley. He glanced at the clock and noticed that they were due to start work in ten minutes. Jumping up the pair raced it get dressed, neglecting breakfast and meeting Asa outside of their house, looking very unimpressed.

"You two look like shit." He said picking at his nails.

"Thanks." Harley replied, sardonically. "We feel it too."

"Ah well, let's get going!"

* * *

"You know if Asa keeps commenting on my arse everyday I'm going to scream." Said Bill that evening. "Everyday it's 'those shorts make your arse look good' or 'bum look peachy' what does that even mean? Does it mean it looks big? I can't have a big arse! No! It can't be half and it can't be big! It needs to be just right!" Bill exclaimed and leaned over trying to look at his backside as Harley dipped coffee at the dinner table some paperwork sprawled it in front of her.

"Um, I'm not sure."

"Does it look big?" Bill questioned her.

"I'm sorry?"

"I said does my bum look big?"

Harley placed her mug down and looked at his arse. "No?"

"No?"

"I mean, it's not flat. It's not like a massive watermelon either. It's kind of...I dunno!"

Bill huffed, "Very helpful."

"I know." Said Harley, smirking. Bill started to do some squats in an attempt to flatten his bum. "Will, squatting makes it bigger."

His eyes widened and he fell to the ground. "Flatten!" He cried. "Flatten!"

Harley watched in amusement as her boyfriends lied on his big yelling at his rear end.

"You honestly look upset by he fact people like your arse. That's a good thing!"

Bill stared at the woman from his position on the floor. "Do you like it?"

"I guess."

"You guess?"

"I mean I don't know what makes a bum so great but..." Bill's good up and turned around allowing her to look at it once more. "...okay, yeah I do."

"So it's not too flat or big?"

She shook her head, "Why are you worrying?"

"Because it's important to have a nice one!"

A/n/ thank you guys so much for 50k!

(09/03/2018)