54

What was Harley sorry for? Bill was so puzzled, he wanted to find out but at the same time he wanted her to sleep as long as she could, she needed the rest. Despite not knowing what was going on with her, Bill didn't stop caring, he could tell she was getting less and less sleep reach night and working harder and harder, she needed to rest. His thumb traced her cheek bone as she slept silently from then onward, but when he went to stand up he caught a tear dripping from her eye and running down her cheek. He swiped it away, shaking her gently in order to wake her. Her eyes fluttered slowly and heavily and Bill greeted her softly, "Hey." His voice was quiet and held so much emotion as a small, sad smile stayed on his lips. "Is everything okay?" He asked as she sat up, him still crouching beside the sofa.

Harley nodded but didn't say a word, singers she pulled her knees to her chest and laid her cheek on them, closing her eyes. "Love, please talk to me. Are you okay?"Bill pleaded and he tried to hold her hand but she pulled it back. "Harls, please..."

She shook her head and stood up trying to move past Bill but he stopped her. He held onto her shoulders and stared at her straight in her eyes. He knew it would make her crack. His eyes captivated her and they could make her do anything, his eyes were like the imperious curse, and boy could they control her.

She shut her eyes, she didn't want to cave in. She just wanted to be alone. Bill wasn't having none of that. "Harley, please tell me. Have I done something wrong?" She shook her head. Bill sighed and his arms fell to his side, "Then what is going on, Harley? Merlin's beard!" He stepped away from her running a hand through his hair in annoyance. "I can't help you if I don't know."

"I'm just worried." Harley muttered quietly.

"About?"

She nibbled her lip, her teeth with her lips between them. Her hands started tapping her leg and she looked anywhere but at Bill. "Us." Such a simple response yet such a powerful effect. Bill's heart started racing and he too began to worry. Did Harley want to end it all? What?

"Love, please go into more detail. What exactly is worrying you about us?" He asked, approaching her slowly.

"I...er...um...are we too attached? Are we being too clingy? Bill? People keep saying we are and I-"

"-you're worrying about what others are saying? Harley, we've been through this, it's our business and only our business. If people want to talk, let them. Just don't take any notice. You really scared me you know? I thought you had wanted to break up, please don't do that again." He opened his arms allowing the woman to fall into them, holding him tightly, her cheek pressed against his chest. For the first time ever, Bill pulled the young woman up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, moving her arms to around his shoulders and her cheek onto his shoulder as well.

Her rocked side to side, gently, rubbing circles onto her back and gently pressing a soft kiss to her head, letting his lips linger for a moment before placing his chin on top of her head. "I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"It's okay, really it is. I get it. We're both knew to this whole relationship thing, if you get what I mean and just don't worry about it okay?" Harley nodded and turned her head so she was facing his neck. Craning hers up, she pecked his cheek and leaned back so she was looking at him.

"I should've just spoken to you. Instead I letting thoughts clog my mind. I feel like I put you through hell and back. I'm sorry."

"Oh shut it, you!" Bill chuckled as he sat doing on the settee placing his girlfriend beside him and snuggling into her. "If anything I have put you through hell with meeting my family. Can't get any worse than that."

Harley joking hit his arm, "your family are lovely, the twins a little creepy because they kept staring at my arse but they're lovely." She smiled at Bill who shook his head, raising her eyebrows she watched him in confusion.

"You haven't met them all, you won't be saying that if you met my great aunt Muriel, you'll be begging to leave the moment she looks at you, being nice is not her forté."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Then again, what's not to like about you? I can't think of anything so she might like you." Bill smirked but Harley simply rolled her eyes, standing up and heading towards the fridge.

She pulled out an item and chucked it at Bill, hitting him in the stomach and probably winding him in the process. "CHEESE!" She yelled, giggling to herself whilst Bill clutched his stomach and fell forward onto the floor. The cheese fell beside him and his pushed it away in disgust.

"I can tell why you were a beater, love." He groaned and collapsed onto the floor. "I think that sloshing sound is my stomach being butchered into liquid." He laid face forward on the floor and refused to move even when Harley returned the dairy product back to where it stayed and tried getting him up onto the sofa once more.

"Come on, Will! Just stand up! It didn't hurt that much!" She cried, tugging his arm like a small child wanting a sweet in a shop.

"Tell that to my liquid stomach!" Bill whined, "I'm injured, I won't be able to do anything, I'll have to stay in bed all day for at least two weeks."

"And I'll take my holiday then." Said Harley, "I'm sure my Uncle Lyall would love to have me stay for a fortnight."

"OI!"