148

"Thank you so much, I can't express how much you taking me back means to me-"

Harley placed her hand on his chest and pushed him back, "Bill, I said no. You looked a little daydreamy but I thought it was just in response to my answer."

Bill's face dropped and he shook his head. "Why? Oh, Harley, why? After everything in your letter... I don't understand." The man watched as Harley rubbed her cheeks and stood up to walk over to the chest of drawers. She leaned against it and sucked in a breath. "Harls?"

"You were so quick to get rid of me, Bill. So very quick that it makes me feel as if you don't truly want the marriage nor myself. If you really wanted it you surely wouldn't have dumped me so quickly? Losing you made me feel like shit and to be honest, I don't think getting back together let alone marrying you will be the answer and make it all right."

Bill flopped back and sighed. She was right, she always was. "Darling, I was rash. Way too rash and I love you more than words can explain. Please Harley. Please!"

She shook her head, closing her eyes trying to work out her next move. It didn't last long as her hands were tugged and she was pulled around to see Bill on his knees, holding her hands. "Bill, what-"

"Harliana Beatrix Lupin, I'm on my knees proposing, not just in marriage but I propose to do anything I can to get you back. I can't live without you in my life, even if you stay here in Egypt, I want to be with you. I want to wake up in the morning and know that I have the best girlfriend, fiancé, or even wife and I don't want anyone to be that person than you. Please, I'm literally begging you, and I won't stop begging you."

"You're serious aren't you?"

"Yes. One hundred percent yes."

"You'll do anything?"

"Anything."

"When I said I'd do anything I didn't expect you to say this!" Shouted Bill as he sat buried up to the neck in sand. Harley sat a few metres away writing up some notes she had to for work the next day. She glanced up and shrugged. "Why exactly is this the punishment?"

"I couldn't think of anything else."

Bill shook his head and leaned back. "How long am I to stay like this?"

"Another ten minutes."

Bill didn't count down the minutes. He would stay there for the rest of his life if it meant he would get the love of his life back. Plus he was literally forced to watch her from a little ways away. It was true what people said about golden hour, it did make people look even better than they already were and he wasn't sure how it was even possible for Harley to be prettier but she was.

He truly believe that he was made for loving Harley. He was hopelessly in love with her and was as infatuated as he could be. People say that the first person you'll fall in love with wont be the last but Bill didn't believe that anymore. The woman before him was his one and only and nobody could compare to her.

From every bone in her body, every scar on her skin, every blemish on her face and every smell her body emitted, Bill loved it all. There was not a single thing that he didn't love, well, perhaps the fact she was always right, but he found that annoyingly adorable at the same time!

Harley smirked like a Cheshire Cat as she used her wand to clear the sand from Bill's body, setting him free. She crawled over to him with her backpack on her back and she placed her hands on his chest. "You promise you mean this?"

"With my last breath."

"Then I'll marry your stupid arse, Weasley."

Bill pounced forward and knocked Harley back, thankfully her backpack stopped her from smashing her head onto the sand. He pressed his lips to hers and held her tightly in his arms. There was no way that he would be letting her go anytime soon. Well, physically, he had to return to England, but she would still be his when he did.

"You're coming to Tonks and Remus' wedding right?"

"Of course I am." Said Bill as he lifted himself and then Harley to their feet.

"Good."

* * *

Needless to say, Remus and Tonks were glad to see Harley once again as she arrived at the registry office for their wedding. They were even happier when they saw her holding Bill's hand as she sentenced wearing a little flowery dress, as requested by Tonks. Belle, however, scowled at Bill warningly until her grandfather judged her with his elbow.

"Hurt her again and you'll be visiting me on a full moon," she threatened and Bill chuckled.

"I won't," he told her, "I'll vow never to hurt her officially in a months time." He winked her way and everyone quietened down as Tonks and Remus married one another.

Harley wiped her eyes which were tearful as she finally saw her cousin happy. Well, as happy as he had ever been in years. Even though Tonks made Remus very happy, and Belle was the light in his life, it was clear that there were three scars in his life that were left wounded. Three scars that represented three people who should have been there on that day, a fourth person who couldn't attend should have been there also but that was for different circumstances.

Hope Lupin, James and Lily Potter should have been stood beside Madison, Lyall, Belle and the scruffy dog who had been brushed and was wearing a little red bow on his collar. Harry should have been there also but was stuck at Privet Drive for a while longer.

In fact, six other people should have attended too. Yet they couldn't, Evangeline Smith was working and couldn't get the time off, Frank and Alice Longbottom were in St Mungo's Hospital, Mary Macdonald and Marlene McKinnon were dead and Peter Pettigrew was no longer a friend of Remus'. Yet, they should have been there. Then perhaps Remus would be truly complete but no, he was only 99% complete, the one percent never would be able to be filled.

Nonetheless, Remus was happy. And that all that mattered, he and Tonks were married and they were happy.

Happy, what a funny little word, something everyone wants to be but will they ever truly be?