155

Everyday was like a repeat of the day before. Nothing changed except for the fact that all curse-breakers in Egypt were based in various parts of the UK to help aid with the uprising on Voldemort's part. The only good thing, different thing that had come out of it all was the birth of Edward (Teddy), the son of Tonks and Remus! Harley, despite the circumstances, was glad to be based in Scotland, near Hogwarts along with Asa, the pair who were thankfully given rooms to stay in the Hog's Head. Bill was stationed in Scotland too so the pair were gladly together.

There wasn't much to talk about however, each day was as boring as the next. It was getting so boring that Harley prayed for something, anything to happen just to liven things up. However, the night of May 2nd was not quite what she had hoped for.

Neville Longbottom and others had built up an inside "gang" that would give the Order leads on what was going on within the castle walls and one particular evening, the Order was summoned through the tunnel into the Room of Requirement.

When Harley and Bill entered through the portrait hole they were greeted by a large groups of students and the Order alike. And right at the centre, the pair were glad to see Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Bill charged at his brother and dragged him into a hug whilst Harley greeted both Harry and Hermione, then Ron once Bill had let him go.

"What's going on?" Harley asked Remus who came up beside her.

"Tonight's the night, the end." Remus told her, "Dora is with her mother and Teddy." 

"Remus you know she'll want to be here."

"If she knows what's good for her and Teddy she will stay with Andromeda." Remus said, "I'd have liked Belle to be there too but she takes after her mother and myself all too well in the stubborn department."

"She'll be fine, she's old enough. Old enough... what's happening to the younger children? They can't be caught up in all of this!"

"As soon as we can, anyone underage are being escorted to Abeforth Dumbledore's and kept safe there."

Harley sighed in relief and went over to Sirius and Madison who were off to the side with Harry. She didn't want to steal Sirius from his godson but she desperately needed to talk to him. "Sorry to interrupt, can I borrow you quickly?" She asked Sirius, her hand on Harry's shoulder comfortingly. "I won't be long, I promise."

Sirius nodded and out his arm around her shoulder, guiding her away from him. "What's wrong?"

"I know ideally you'll want to focus your attention on Harry and Madison tonight, making sure they're as safe as can be but I beg you to look out for two other people as well."

"Who?"

"Yourself, first and foremost, you've gone through to much to lose your life now, Sirius." Harley told him sternly, "and Remus. I know he is a rational man but deep down he can be so very stupid at times. Please, for the love of Godric Gryffindor, do not let him do anything stupid. He'll be the first to jump in front of the killing curse for someone and as selfish as it sounds I don't want to lose him. He has only just begun to accept his life fully and become happy, it's too much to lose that now. So you need to promise me you'll look after the pair of you, and of course Maddie and Harry."

Sirius saw the glint of sadness in her eyes, the severity of tonight hadn't set in fully until now. Once again the brave young woman before him was replaced with her younger self, she was still a child in his eyes and was yearning for him to keep her family safe, to keep their family safe. But her tone of voice sounded as if she was leaving. Like she was planning for her own death.

"Harley, sweetheart, he's my brother and I'll be with him until the end. No matter what anyone says the pair of us are sticking together tonight. I'm not losing him like we lost James. I'm not losing Madison like we lost Lily and Marlene and Mary. We owe our lives to them and we're not dying at the hands of their killers. But you must promise me the same, you don't go playing hero tonight either. We all need you at the end of this, okay?"

Harley nodded, "I love you, Sirius."

"I love you more than I could ever tell you, Harley, for a ting girl I met when visiting my best friend you sure as hell have become the apple of my eye more than I'd ever have imagined."

Harley fell into Sirius' arms, "can I be honest with you?" Sirius nodded, "I know our age gap is not plausible for this and you'll probably hate me saying this but, as much as I have my uncle Lyall, you've been so much like a father to me. Even when we hadn't seen each other in years, I never gave up on you. You've cared for me more than most people and Sirius I could never thank you enough."

Sirius shuddered, "Harley, I don't know want to say. I have always loved having you in my life and to hear those words from you really and truly make me feel amazing. I'm glad you think of me like that, to know that you have been able to fill that spot that was missing in your life even with a figurative person such as myself is good. Merlin, I would have adopted you as soon as I can rod age if I'd have known W what had happened to you. Now, let's go kick some arse, eh, little knight?"

"I'm a warrior tonight, Siri."

"Well then. Let's go kick some arse, little Warrrior."