159

Harley screamed and screamed. She definitely had no fight left in her. Her body had already gone through so much pain in one night already and despite it being May 3rd now, the pain didn't stop. She shuddered and squeezed her eyes tightly shut as blood trickled down the hall, she had never noticed the floor slanting before so maybe it was due to destruction of below floors. Either way, she couldn't care less.

"Help!" She yelped, she had no energy to shout. "Please, someone just help me. Make it stop."

From the floor below, Charlie was charging around, screaming for the young woman and Harley could just about hear him.

"HARLEY! HARLEY, WHERE ARE YOU?"

"Charlie," she sobbed, "I'm here... right- AHHH!" Her screamed wasn't that loud, her voice had started to go, but Charlie was already on the staircase and heard the small cry of pain. When he reached the corner of the corridor he saw a trail of blood trickling down. "Ch... Char..." he could hear her now and raced around the corner to see his sister-in-law pressed against the wall, a right old mess and blood drenching her.

He collapsed down beside her and wiped the hair from her face. "Oh, Harley, it's going to be okay," he told her and went to lift her went she tensed and moaned out in pain. More blood appeared and he saw a bulge in her trousers. Both confused and worried, he didn't care that it was his brother's wife, he tugged her trousers down gently and his eyes widened in shock. "Dear Merlin!" He exclaimed as Harley whimpered once more.

A cry was heard just after except it wasn't Harley's. It wasn't Charlie's either. Charlie reached down and lifted up the source. In his arms, a blood-covered baby sat crying, still attached to the umbilical cord. Harley sighed in relief as the pain eased but her mouth fell open at the sight.

"I was pregnant?" She murmurs, dazily as she started to lose consciousness.

"Fuck, stay with me, Harley," Charlie panicked, rocking the baby to stop him from crying but tried to keep Harley awake at the same time. "Keep looking at me."

"I can't-" she choked. "It's too hard."

Charlie grabbed his wand and using a spell, cut the cord. He ripped half of his trouser leg off and wrapped the small baby boy up in that and then gently placed him on the ground, pulling Harley's trousers back up and then leaning her against him as he picked the baby back up.

"I know it's hard, but you're going to have to try, okay?" Harley managed to nod and rested her head on his shoulder. "Look after him, Charlie... Bill and... the ... baby..." her eyes started closing but he refused to let it happen.

"No! You will do that. You will be with both of them, trust me, I'm not letting you die. HARLEY!"

"CHARLIE!"

"Percy! Come quick!" Charlie shouted, "c'mon, Harley, stay with me."

Percy rounded the corner and was flabbergasted, "Is that a...?"

"Baby? Yes. Now don't question anything, just pick Harley up and keep her awake, she's fading fast and we need to get her help."

Percy pushed up his glasses and adjusted his shirt, "right, right, come on now, Harley, stay with me, darling." He soothed, scooping her up as gently as he could and he and Charlie rushed as fast as they could without tripping or harming the two as they descended down the stairs. By now, as they grew closer to the lower levels they heard more fights and commotion. The battle had resumed.

"Fudge, frick, blasted, dipstick, flip, sugar!"

"Just swear, Perce, for fucks sake!"

"OH FUCK NUGGET, WANKING PIECE OF BASTARD SHIT, WE'RE FUCKED!"

Charlie didn't want to say it but they were royally screwed if they wanted to get Harley and the baby some medical attention. They couldn't possibly take the pair through a battle. Thankfully, it was all in their favour as screams and curses were silenced and then replaced with cheers.

It was all over.

Dubiously, the two Weasley men entered the lower level of the school and it was empty except for some bodies and rubble. There was chatter from the Great Hall once more but no screams or shouts of pain or curses. Percy entered first and the whole room parted like the red sea as he entered, carrying a barely conscious Harley through.

Bill, who was still very much panicking over Harley's absence and was being held down by Sirius and Lyall Lupin (he must have appeared at some point after the three left to find Harley), let out the biggest and most choked sob anyone had heard as Percy laid the woman down on the floor where Madam Pomfrey and another healer straight away started to treat her.

"What happened?" Demanded Madam Pomfrey as the whole, very large, family crowded around them.

Percy went to speak when Charlie's voice from behind them spoke, "I'm not quite sure what happened to her or what she went through beforehand but she did give birth."

"Right... did you say birth?" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed and all heads turned to Charlie who cradled the little boy in his arms, with only half a trouser leg on his right leg. Bill, who shook tremendously and was by Harley's side, stood up and hobbled over to his brother.

"She... she... this is..."

"Bill, it's your son." Charlie nodded and offered the little bundle to his older brother.

Slowly, Bill took the baby from Charlie's arms and cradled him close, he looked back at Harley and didn't quite know how to feel. Nobody did. On one hand, it was amazing that the first Weasley grandchild was born but on the other hand, Harley was still fighting for her life.

"Is she going to be okay?" asked Sirius who had tears running down his cheeks as he observed Harley slowly fading. The two healers muttered spell after spell poured potion after potion into her mouth and whispered amongst themselves.

"if we knew what else has happened to her it would be easier to tell," said Madam Pomfrey.

Sirius, Remus and Madison's friend, Evangeline stepped forward, "birth alone would not have that effect on her. Her body must have gone through other pain, and a hell lot more for her to be in the state she is in. Yes, birth can kill someone but her state is irregular to usual unfortunate birth side effects."

"A lot more pain?"

"Yes, Belle, quite a lot more."

"You don't think she had the cruciatus curse, do you?"

"The cruciatus curse, you are a genius, Belle!" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed, she and the other healer murmured more spells and suddenly the colour returned to Harley's cheeks and her breathing evened. Her eyes fluttered open and she peered around until they stopped on Bill and the baby.

"Have I died?"