133

Bill had had enough. Weeks had gone by and he was sick and tired of not seeing Harley other than her walking past him or her sleeping. So much so he took things into his own hands. He waited moments after Harley left that evening (thankful for the next two days off) and then he followed her. She entered a pub, one a few miles away from their flat and he slipped in after her, hiding in the corner where nobody could see him.

His heart pounded as he witness his fiancée return out of the toilets in the skimpiest, tight red dress with way too much cleavage on show, bright red lipstick and her hair curled (clearly using magic to do so). Undeniably she looked stunning and he couldn't peel his eyes off of her but it saddened him. She never dressed like this in front of him so whoever she was meeting, wasn't just a friend. However, he wasn't expecting her to walk around the back of the bar and start serving people.

Harley would smile at those she served and laugh at their words. Bill could see from where he was sat men's eyes feasting hungrily on her breasts that were mostly on show. His eyes grazed down to her hand, her ring was nowhere in sight. Bill's head fell onto the table as he sipped away at his beer (he had brought a few quickly so that it would keep he going for a while). What and why was she doing this?

Bill never took his eyes off of Harley, it infuriated him that she would dress that way in front of clearly drunken men and women many whom would try their way with her. It was as if she knew what she was doing and was doing it on purpose. Hours later Harley slipped away and into the bathroom, Bill wanted to go and follow her by just as he got up she came back, dressed in her normal wear, her makeup all gone and a hoodie took her warm. She left the pub. So did he.

Following on behind her, he came to muggle food place where she slipped off her hoodie, now in the uniform and started to serve customers there. Bill shook his head. He could it watch anymore and so he turned away, returning home where he sat up and waited for his fiancée to return home.

Just as he had thought, she came trudging through the door, throwing her backpack onto the ground and slumping into the kitchen to grab a drink. On the table sat a plate of food, hearty food that Molly had made because Bill had went to the Burrow for dinner and she had saved some for Harley after Bill had voiced his opinion on Harley's disappearing act yet again.

"Heat it up for two minutes," said Bill making her jump. He sat on the armchair staring at her as she turned around tiredly to face him.

"What?"

"Dinner. Mum made it."

Harley's eyes flickered to the plate and returned into Bill, "what are you doing up? You have work in like three hours."

"I have two days off, not that you would know," Bill scoffed and saw how she had out her ring back on.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Bill chuckled, "well, you're too busy prostituting yourself to know this stuff."

"Prostituting?" Exclaimed Harley in shock, "how the hell am I doing that?" Bill stood up and retold what he had witnessed that night, his voice bitter and eyes flushed with anger. "You followed me! You had no right!"

"You're my fiancée! And when you suddenly start disappearing I start to worry. Of course I'm going to follow you because I can't ask you when you're never here. Instead your showing people half of your body, laughing at their stupid jokes and chat up line and then selling food to people during the middle of the night. And not to mention hiding the fact you're engaged, yeah I saw you, no ring on your finger at all!"

Harley slammed her glass on the table. "It's called work. If I don't dress that way and if I wear my ring I can't work in the pub. Then I spend hours cooking and serving people. Nothing more than that!"

"Why? Harley, Merlin's beard, tell me why the bloody hell you are doing this?" Bill cried, tugging at his hair, "you're literally letting horny men gawp at you like you're a piece of meat! You're not sleeping or eating properly and you're working yourself into the ground!"

"Jesus, Will! And why do you think that is?"

"I don't know! I really don't know, Harley. So enlighten me!"

Harley sighed, "this wedding is not going to pay for itself."

"I have the money!"

"And we have bills to pay, food to put on the table! Will, we can't survive in your wages alone and I got slapped in the face with this reality because of the planning. It's so expensive even the cheapest of the cheap wedding is still hundreds!" Harley went to walk out but Bill grabbed onto her arm and stopped her.

"Why didn't you just talk to me?" Bill asked, his voice lower and calm, "we could have sorted something out together instead of you doing this. We would have found you a proper job with normal hours and no scandalous dress codes."

"It's not that simple, Will."

"Except it is, there are thousands of jobs out there, darling, and I don't like you doing this to yourself." Harley big down in her tongue as her lips began to quiver and tears spilled down her cheeks. "Oh, Harls, come 'ere."

She fell into his arms, her body shaking as she sobbed into his chest. "I hate it, Will, I really hate it."

"I know, I know. You need to phone and quit because I will find you a better job. Even if you're unemployed for a little longer, darling, I have saved money over the years so that one day if I needed lots of money I would have it. Even when I send money to help out my parents, I still save some. You don't need to worry."

"I don't want you to pay for everything."

"And I won't, with the wages you had already earned and the amount of tips you were earning too. Oh yes, I saw how many pervs gave you tips!" He laughed, "we'll be alright, Harley, I promise you."

"I really don't deserve you."

"Yes you do. You deserve the world and I want to be part of that. Now, eat up and we'll go and snuggle up in bed and in the morning you can call in and quit. Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Dinner to be heated for two minutes mum said."