138

[a/n- a big time skip will happen, just know that nothing really unusual happens with Bill and Harley in the time that has passed]

That boggart really messed with Harley's head and for a few days she didn't sleep without seeing her parents in her head but thankfully that passed like a click of the fingers and so did the months following. Both Bill and Harley were separate from what was happening at Hogwarts due to their work schedules picking up. Harley worked for a 24-hour library for the local university and as exam season came they needed more staff to work longer hours. Of course, the good part of that was the increase in income that meant more money to go to the wedding but the downside was the smaller time she had with Bill. Between work and Order meetings their alone time lacked but this time, it worked out fine and they basked in the time they had available.

The months passed quickly and thankfully the summer holidays were less eventful than the last- so to speak. It was the following school year that things worsened. With disappearances left, right and centre and plenty of death eater attacks the Order were working themselves to death. Of course, Harley and Bill (among others) were not expected to drop everything for the Order every single time an alarm was rung but this time, they had to.

Death eaters had started to attack Hogwarts. Harley practically threw the saucepan of vegetable she was boiling at the wall as Bill tossed her a jacket. They apparated to Hogwarts where all hell was being let loose. In the sky shining in a bright emerald green was none other than the dark mark. "Harley we need you on the grounds near Hagrid's hut!" Kingsley Shacklebolt told her as she and Bill arrived on the scene. "Bill, you're needed in the quad." He ran off as soon as he finished giving orders and the couple turned to face each other.

"Stay safe, Harls," Bill held her face in his, "I love you."

"Only if you do the same. I love you more, William."

Bill pressed his lips to hers and for a moment it felt as if the world had stopped around them. A flash of light rippled past them, drawing them apart and Bill fled heading straight towards the quad with his wand gripped firmly in his hand.

Harley watched as he grew smaller before she couldn't see him no more. Sprinting as fast as she could, she approached the hut which was dormant in the middle of the grass. She could hear screams and shouts coming closer but nothing seemed to be occurring in the hut. Banging on the door she bellowed at Hagrid. "HAGRID! COME ON YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE!" A jet of light hurtled to the hut and within seconds it went up in flames. "HAGRID!" She screamed.

The half-giant clambered of the door coughing and grasped Harley's hand, the two moving away from the flaming hut only to come face-to-face with Antonin Dolohov and Alecto Carrow. "Crucio!" The latter roared.

Harley danced out of the way and Hagrid followed her. "Stupefy!" She retorted.

"Crucio!"

"Stupefy!"

"Crucio!"

"Stupefy!" Harley managed to hit Dolohov who went flying back, crashing into Carrow and sending the pair rolling down the hill.

"Well done 'Arley!" Hagrid clapped and the pair broke off into a run getting closer to the castle. There was no use remaining by the hut which was still burning. "Where are we goin'?"

"To the courtyard!"

In the quad, Bill battled Yaxley as a whip of blue caught his eye. "BELLE?" He yelled as Yaxley disappeared. The girl waved Bill off shooting some spells towards another deatheater.

Bill couldn't tear his eyes away from the young girl who was bravely and tremendously fighting off the foe. Until she got brutally thrown to the ground. On top of her was a brute, Belle thrashed about, attempting to push them off of herself. Bill charged forward throwing spells but ultimately missing as he raged and couldn't concentrate on anything but the girl on the ground.