Chapter 64: Catfish.

Start from the beginning

"Who says you're going to be alone? There's you're BFF, Jack fuck buddy, Barakat." Cameo joked from the drivers seat, eyes locked on the road.

"Fuck buddy?"

I cleared my throat and leaned closer to Cassadee's seat. "She calls him that because anytime they've ever been in town Jack always asks me to pick him up from an aborted mission with a fuck buddy he met."

"Aaah, now that sounds more like a, you and Jack, thing."

------- Six Hours Later! -------

*Cameo's POV*

I pulled off the exit, now only forty minutes away from the destination, or so the GPS says, and I was trying to get a grip on my nerves. "Holy shit we're so close Cameo!" Hannah chimed in, unbuckling her seatbelt and leaning up between Cassadee and I, and clamping her hand down on my shoulder. "Excited yet?"

I gulped and took a shaky breath, but nodded yes because, yeah, it's true, I am excited... Just, nervous. "I feel like we're on Catfish, but we know who we're going to see." Cassadee whispered, a smirk in her face, showing her pretty teeth.

Hannah nudged her lightly in the ribs and they giggled quietly while I tried to control my thoughts and clear my head. This was YOUR idea Cameo, it's gonna be fine, you two love each other, it's JUST rumors. I took another breath and just needed to start believing in myself and everything.

"A left turn in, point three miles, and then right turn on Amber RD in twelve miles." The GPS, who we've come to call, Maggie, from her actual brand name, monotoned for us at the red light.

Hannah started humming the, Jaws, song everyone knows, and Cassadee joined in, getting louder and louder at every turn we made that Maggie changed her directions. "In, three point two miles, turn right, and you've reached your destination." She spoke again as I drove over a speed bump in a school zone.

"Remember to stop at a gas station for us to change! We'll get there just in time for the doors to open." Hannah pointed over to a gas station on the corner after we'd turned Maggie off when we saw the venue in sight, but no tour bus, just a long line of girls and a few guys standing in a winding line outside.

I pulled in, let the dogs out to do their business, and dropped Cassadee and Hannah off with their change of clothes while I drove the next street up where our hotel was. I unpacked the car, left the dogs at the hotel with a beware of dogs that not only bark but bite, sign on the door, and went with my own clothes BACK to the gas station to dress too.

.......//.....//......

*Hannah's POV*

I was glad il reminded the girls about changing at the gas station because if we'd just gone to the hotel, unpacked, and left to watch the show, Cameo wouldn't have time to relax and get a pep talk while we changed. I could see the nerves radiating off of her and h forehead stayed scrunched up until we were alone and I had a chance to talk to her while Cassadee went out to buy a donut.

"You know it's all going to be fine right?" I asked as I shuffled some dark jean, high waisted shorts on. She nodded quietly, and I groaned. "Don't ignore me! I know it's all fine and when he sees you the show will be amazing and you.l forget about all those stupid issues that Lisex fans are starting and everything will just, fall into place."

"I hope so." She mumbled, putting on her makeup.

Cassadee came back with a Krispy Kreme, gas station donut, and with cream on her face, was smiling like a fat kid getting told they get a whole three layered cake to themselves. "Ready?"