Chapter 43: Cookies, Netflix, & Phone Sex.

*Alex's POV*

 I hungup with Jack and tossed my phone over to the side of the bed. I ran my hands harshly down my face, flustered and frustrated from earlier events and wishing I had never come here to begin with. While I was wallowing in my own grief and misery, there was a knock on my door. "Al? Alexsander, is it alright if I come in?" My dad's deep voice rumbled the door.

"Sure dad, come on in, it's nothing but a party in here." I remarked sarcastically as he opened the door a crack and slipped inside. Closing the door quietly behind him he came over and sat next to me in the spot Lisa had been sitting. 

"What's wrong?" He patted a rough hand on my shoulder blade.

"Really? That's what you're asking?" I sighed and looked down at my floor. 

"Alright, so maybe it's not the best question to ask, but I figured it was a start. Your mother's heart was in the right place son, you've got to know that at the very least."

I looked up at him incrediously. "Her heart was in the right place? No dad, it wasn't. If it was she would just be enjoying time with me, with us three, and trying to accept Cameo for who she is, age, mistakes and all, but she doesn't. She wants to change how I feel and bring me back to someone I can't stand anymore."

"Yeah, why is that Alex?"

"Why's what?" My voice dropped when I heard my mom's footsteps closeby. 

"Why do you hate Lisa so much?"

"She uh.. She screwed up big time dad. Threw the whole engagement out the window." I rubbed my hands together and looked at the finger the ring used to be with nothing but hostility now.

"Like? Come now, don't pitter patter around it." He squeezed my shoulder encouragingly. 

"She cheated on me dad." I mumbled, still hating saying it out loud. My door flew open then and my mom was standing there, her eyes wide and glossy like she was about to cry. 

"You never told us that." She was looking me up and down worridily and walking slowly in the room. "I'm so sorry Alex." She whispered and came to sit at my knees. "I never knew that's why you two broke up, I thought it was another phase. H- How come you never told anybody?" 

"I told the guys, all the fans knew, a lot of band guys knew and so did her family even. That seemed embarassing enough for me then, and when I put all my feelings away, I kept them there and didn't want to talk about it anymore. I guess, eventually it just slipped my mind to talk about." I looked from my mom's concerned face to my dad's hurt one. "I'm sorry too then I guess. For not saying anything to you two. But just because I didn't tell you what Lisa did doesn't justify that you keep trying to change my mind about Cameo." I looked my mom straight in the eye firmly. "She's not going anywhere. We need to talk about that." My mom nodded and patted my knee as she stood and went to the kitchen.

"I'll bring cookies to the table, it seems like dinner is too bland for something like this." She gave a small, encouraging smile and went to the kitchen, leaving the door open behind her.

My dad grunted as he pushed himself up from the bed and walked to the door. He turned and held the frame, looking at me with concern plain in his eyes. "Relax OK? Mum will come around to listening, maybe not today or tonight, but try again tomorrow. Lunch or something."