Chapter 52: Unexpected Things In Expected Places.

"I'm lost in empty pillow talk again
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again

This bed's an island made of feather down, and I'm stuck here alone
With little else but memories of you, on memory foam

Visions of a brighter love, I'd kill for one more day
To pool my thoughts, and find the words to say

If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.." He cued me in for my turn and I took a deep breath, picking up where his beautiful voice had left off.

"This room's become a mausoleum, filled with relics of regret
Paying dues to every moment wasted, on words left unsaid
Collisions of a finer love, I'd kill for one more way
To tell you how you make me better every day

If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

(Lost in empty pillow talk again)
(Lost in empty pillow talk again)..."

The last chorus we sang together, our voices harmonizing perfectly and the looks on each of our faces while we sang to each other was unforgettable. He was perfect in my eyes and I felt, for once, full confidence in myself. I smiled through my singning and it caused him to catch it too.

"If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk

I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again."

We ended and I took a deep breath, relaxing my muscles that I hadn't realized where clenched till now. "What was your inspiration for that one?" I asked sheepishly. He rolled his eyes at me and flipped his fringe from his eyes.

"Oh, just this girl that I'm crazy about. I went away to visit my parents in England, and I missed her so much, so one night, this song kind of just came to me.. It was easy." He smiled at me and I played along.

"Sounds like a lucky girl."

"I'd say I'm more lucky than herself."

I leaned over and he met me halfway, planting a swift kiss to my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too Alex." I brushed my fingertips down the side of his face and our eyes locked. "The song is beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it." He mumbled, going in for another kiss.

...................//.................//................

*Alex's POV*

I woke up to the soft snoring of Cameo, curled up around me, her arms locked around my ribs and her face pressed into my neck. I chuckled, trying not to move too much to wake her, and uncurled myself from her monkey hold. I knew I needed to tell Cameo today about the conversation I'd had with Matt yesterday, and I'm so nervous I feel like my heart is in my ass.