Chapter 48: Goodbye, Hello.

*Cameo's POV*

It's been a few days now since I've seen, and or talked to Alex. I found myself missing him like crazy and today Hannah was driving back home because she had work in the morning. She had stayed three more days and it ha been fun actually. She got my head off of a lot of things and I was so grateful to have her here the nights I did.

Gabe even came over a few times, the first night he showed up, Hannah and I were watching a Lifetime movie and he wanted to talk to her. They went outside and tried to be all hush, hush. They've been good lately though, he's come over and stayed long enough for dinner, and occasionally third wheel me, but I was ok, Alex was always on my mind so it wasn't like I was talking much anyhow.

"Please don't go." I mumbled into her shoulder as we stayed, locked in a hug and rocking back and forth. I really didn't want her to go, but at the same time, maybe what I needed was alone time. Why now, is it so hard from all the others, to have him gone? For an even shorter amount of time than all the rest too?! I sighed into her shoulder and finally initiated the pulling away. We weakly smiled at one another and She squeezed my hands before turning to grab her things and walk to her car. I took the things she couldn't carry and followed her down.

"I'll call when I get home. I already miss you Ginger Snap." She winked at me playfully and I gave in to light laughter. She popped her trunk and we stuffed all her things inside as sloppily as Hannah and I ever could. "Gosh we suck." She concluded as we looked at it all in there and wondered if it would even close.

"You hold down, I'll sit on it." I giggled as she tried slamming it down while I bounced my butt on the top of it to try and get it to stay down. It refused to work, so we switched jobs since Hannah actually had some sort of butt there, while I actually have none.. Nothing, nada, zilch. Once again, it refused to work. We finally gave up and did things the easy way and rearranged it to finally close with ease. 

"I love you." She purred at me as she came in for another hug.

"Love you too clefty." I replied and we giggled into our last hug. "Get it in with Gabe already alright? You can't wait around for Mike since he's got a girlfriend and.. Because you're in a relationship too. Stop throwing your cat at him will ya?" I joked and her face turned red.

"I'm not still waiting around for Mike!" She yelled at me playfully. "He doesn't even know I exist." Where have I heard that line before? I thought about my high school crushes and shook my head at her.

"You love him, it's so secretive and cute." I winked and pinched her arm.

"Ow! And I'm not secretive about anything, I like Gabe, I'm working on things with Gabe. I. LIKE. GABE." She tried making a serious face and I knew it was on. We silently counted down in our heads, turned and twerked horribly, but as fiercely as we could on one another, right there in the parking lot in front of her car. Yup, this was our life, basically summed up in a short conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, Gabe is great, I know you like him and how you feel. I was joking, remember? Plus, it's not like you ever have to worry, I won't tell Mike. Since I only got to meet Pierce The Veil once during my moshing fangirl days."

"Oh, you're still a fangirl at heart." She poked my chest when we stopped twerking and I poked her back.

"Always have been, always will be." I concluded and she turned to get in her car. I smacked her ass, quoting one of our favorite lines from back in the day when we finally watched the ATL, straight to DVD, DVD together. "Good game."

She turned and smiled at me as she sat in her seat and closed her door. "Bye Camo!" She screamed out the window when she pulled out of the parking space and waved at me.

"Bye Hannah!" I called back and stood out in the parking lot till she was completely out of sight. I sighed and with a disgruntled feeling, took myself back upstairs and cuddled with Levi on the couch.

................//..................//...............

*Alex's POV*

"Tomorrow's your last day." My mom announced at the dinner table while we were all quietly munching away. "How do you feel about it?" I shrugged and she watched my cut into my meatloaf. "Well, are you sad to go?"

"Do you think I'm not?"

"The past few days you've just been holed up in your room, writing and playing music. Now I understand that's your job and your hobbies and just, everything in your life revolves around music it seems, but it's just strange when you haven't visited in so long." She jutted out her bottom lip and I looked from my dad to her. My dad looked at ease, as always, and just tried to inwardly stay out of the conversation.

"I just got a new idea for a few songs while I was in there. What can I say though mum? Once I start, I have to finish. It's like a strange addiction sometimes, but I know they're good so I came out of, "the cave," as you've been calling it." I put down my quotation fingers and went back to eating. "I will miss everyone though. I feel a lot better going home again after this visit, talking to you and dad about things, relaxing. It's been real nice you guys, I promise." I added, looking back at mum who seemed satisfied now.

"Baz is excited too, he hasn't seemed to have left your side since you've gotten here." My dad finally chimed in when he felt the tension was gone. I giggled with my mouthful of food and my mom smiled in too.

------------

When we finished eating, I went back into my room to make sure I was basically packed for the day of, and I must say, looking at all my things packed away again, made me excited to already go to the airport. I smiled at my phone, calculating the time change from here to home and decided it was fine to call, hopefully.

I pressed the phone to my ear and went out of my "cave" and through the living room to get to the backyard. My mom was watching my intently and I pointed to the phone, mouthing as I walked past. "Cameo." She nodded when she understood and went back to her knitting while my dad leaned over to touch her leg gently, smiling  reassuringly when she looked back at him.

"Hey, you've reached me.. Cameo, yeah I guess I should've said that first.. Um, but yeah, Hi! I'm sorry I couldn't answer but I'm either on the phone will my usually long distance boyfriend, or I'm just not around my phone right now for various reasons. But I promise if I can I'll call you back. Bye!" The beep sounded and I smiled into the receiver.

"Hey you, turns out, this IS the usually long distance boyfriend, calling to say hi. I love you and I was just calling because I figured, well, that you'd answer but it's ok that you didn't. I just miss you and I'm stoked to be coming home. Mum's cooking is so good here, I don't even know how you'll ever top it when I get home and get back to eating your yummy grilled cheeses and such." I chuckled and I knew she would too. "But maybe you're with Hannah, so then I guess you're busy. Call me whenever, I don't even care what time anymore. Bye." I hung up and sat down in the grass, enjoying the good weather that finally came to England.

((MORE FILLER CHAPTERS! AREN'T YOU PROUD?!:D))