Chapter 46: "Text Tag."

*Alex's POV*

I wokeup in the middle of the night, panting and in a cold sweat. I looked on teh chest for Baz, but he was curled up on the edge of the bed, sleeping soundly. I tried to get a grip on my rapid beating heart and calm my breathing, but nothing seemed to work. I had the worst nightmare I think I've had in a long time. Cameo and I were driving to a show, it was just the two of us for some reason and some guy ran his red light. He slammed into the front of the car, completely head on, and killed her. I was unlucky enough to live. I refused to close my eyes again, scared those images would flash back like spreading wildfire. 

I threw the blanets off of me and woke Baz up, who slinked out of them and jumped on the floor, following me out of the room and to the bathroom. I washed my face, mostly to take the sweat off, and looked at myself in the mirror. Bags were already forming under my eyes and they were both red from my lack of one night of sleep. I was so stressed already and these were the early side effects? Ugh. I pushed out a gust of air from my lungs and swept my hair from my wet face. 

I felt my heart when my breathig calmed and my heart was still irregularly beating. I looked down at Baz, who was staring up at me with curiosity in his brown eyes and I smiled down at him. Crouching, I rubbed my hand through his fur, making his tail wag uncontrollably and jump on my knees. I picked him up gladly and carried him outside to the backyard to go to the bathroom. 

The air was damp and cool, the moon bright up in the sky, like this side of the world's personal lamp. I looked up at it and thought of how as bright as it was, reminded me of the sun. I sat on one of my parents lawn chair with Baz in my lap and looked at the moon a little longer, waiting for the sleep to settle back in my eyes. 

"Hopefully it'll get better.. Hopefully THIS'll get better Baz." I patted the dogs head gently and looked down at him, already curled up on my lap and sound asleep with even breathing. I felt a pang of jealously. I wish it were that easy for me to just lay anywhere and sleep without waking. I sighed and looked back up at the sky.

-------------------------------------

"Alex!" Mom was walking around the house calling my name, or was this a dream too? "Alex?" I heard it again, closer this time. I twitched my hand for Baz's fur, and came up to feel nothing. Where's Baz? I peeled my eyes open and the sun was beating on my face. "Alex what are you doing out here?" My mom was standing next to me, looking around the yard like I had spent the night with an intruder.

I sat up groggily and shook my head to conciousness. "I must've fell asleep out here when I came to let Baz out last night." I stood and ruffled my wind blown hair. 

"Well, it's time for breakfast, and then I figured we could go do something together as a family maybe." I nodded sure and followed her inside. Baz was sitting next to my dad who was watching some comedy show and the kitchen smelt of eggs, bacon, toast, and oatmeal. I inhaled it all and gladly sat at the table whilst my mom called for my dad some more. 

"I'm coming alright? I'm coming." He grrunted as he got up and came to sit too. We all sat and dug in. My eyes itched from lack of sleep but I refused to let it show and hear another complaint from my mom two days in a row. After we ate I went to shower and get dressed and so did my parents.

I threw on a green and navy blue thick, horizontal striped sweater and jean skinnies and some winter boots and my thick wool coat. It was chilly outside, and when it was chilly in England, it was actually cold. I come out after fixing my hair and swooping up some sunglasses and went to seek my parents.