Chapter 51: Tour Dates & New Music.

Start from the beginning

I groaned and cracked an egg into the hot pan. "What time then?" I asked a little more calmly.

"Six in the morning?! Did you tell everyone else yet?" I flipped the egg and realized after I smashed it up in the pan that Cameo doesn't eat scrambled. I tossed it out and started again.

"Well thanks for leaving the best for last Flyzick." I sarcastically remarked. "Now, after being back home a day, I'll have to tell her that I'm leaving for the Dirty Work tour in four days. You do realize that was not the original plan, at all?" I slammed my hand against the counter and took a deep breath before cracking another egg in.

"Fine Matt, no I get it. It's your job and you just have to send on the message, got it." I hung up and when I looked back at the egg and flipped it, it was burnt to a crisp. "God dammit!"

.......//.......//.....

*Cameo's POV*

I emerged from the steamy shower not long after Alex had left me and my stomach was growling. I wrapped myself in a towel and headed to our room to dress. I changed into some green Sophie shorts and a, "who the fuck is Jack Barakat?" T-shirt.

I heard yelling from the kitchen as I creeped from our room and to the hallway. I leaned against the wall and listened in to the yelling from Alex. Who is he talking to? I wondered when he suddenly slammed the phone down on the counter. I flinched at the noise, I had never seen Alex get so mad before.

I came around the corner, stretching and pretending to have heard nothing. He was hunched over the frying pan, pulling back his messy hair with his hand. "Hey.. Are you okay?" I asked softly, coming up behind him and slowly wrapping my arms around him. He relaxed at the touch, but I knew inside his mind was spinning with thoughts from the phone call. "Want to talk about it?" I rested my chin on his back and he shook his head.

"Not right now. But I can't get your eggs right, I'm sorry." He breathed and I smiled.

"Eggs? I thought it was lunch time?"

"I wanted to surprise you with some of your favorite things on a plate."

I smiled and moved him over lightly, taking his place at the stove. The pan was black from all the times he'd tried and failed, and I looked up at him while I turned the burner off. "How about we go out instead?" He nodded bashfully and I giggled as I put the pan in the sink and washed off the grime.

"Chinese?"

"Sounds like a plan Stan." I turned and he was smiling again, and it was warmer this time than before. But he's leaving soon.. Don't forget that.

----------------- BACK HOME. ----------------

*Alex's POV*

Chinese was great, we walked around afterward and spent time together, which I felt like I needed to and wanted to do now more than anything considering I wasn't going to be staying much longer. I was excited to go on tour and play all the songs the guys and I had worked on for everyone, but I wished Cameo could be there with me. Thinking of that though, I remembered when we got back to the apartment the conversation I'd had with Rian.

"Babe?"

"Yeah?" She was refilling Levi and Baz's water bowl.

"Does work let you do temporary transfers?" I sat on the couch and clicked on the laptop next to me to see the end of the tour dates.