Chapter 40: Back to Reality.

Start from the beginning

"Realx love, he'll come, give him a call when you're not so stressed out and think positive, he might answer you." He put the paper down and looked over at me on the couch. "You're too upset about this."

"I just want him home for awhile, plus, we need him to take Baz. We're just sitting around here, waiting for our son to show up in order to get everything moving. Oh what if he's help up because he's trying to bring that girl with him?!" I clapped my hands to my mouth in horror at the thought. "She'd ruin everyhting."

"That GIRL, would be our son's long time girlfriend that he loves very much, it wouldn't surprise me if he brought her. I actually quite like the girl, why don't you?" 

"Because she's too young for him! Lisa was a great girl, they were the sweetest and cutest couple. I simply adored her! You know you did too." I went over to the big cabinet that was a conversation piece in our home and opened it to grab a picture I loved, one of Alex and Lisa on new years. "They were perfect together, and he needs to be here just to see that."

.................//..............//...........

*Cameo's POV*

"It's perfect!" I clapped happily at the stencil that was finally on my skin and looked at the artist. "Thank you. I'm ready when you are." She dipped the needle in the black ink and started up the machine. I looked over to Alex, and he was sitting in the chair next to me smiling. 

"You like it?" He asked reaching down and taking my right hand in his. 

"I couldn't believe you wanted something like this. I'm diggin it, do you like it?" I nodded and we smiled at each other as our artists went to town tattooing us. I was so excitted for it to be over, and it was something fun to do right before he left. I had thought about this tattoo for the longest time, but always contemplating the pros and cons of it in my head. Finally, I've just decided to get it. 

-two hours later, the tattoo finally finished.-

Alex and I got up from the chairs, after the artists wiped down the finished products and we stood side by side to look at each others. I got Wendy in a thick black outline with black filled in and pixie dust in a soft arc above her. She was tatted on the side of my wrist her head flying towards my hand. Alex got the same thing, but Peter, flying in the opposite direction with pixie dust, so when we held hands it looked liked they were flying in a circle around each other. I loved them.

"How do you feel?" I asked looking up at him as he paied and we walked out. 

"I can't stop looking at it, and it makes me smile knowing you have the other half." He stopped looking at his tattoo to take my hand in his, and it was then that we smiled wider, because the tattoo was perfect and actually looked like they were flying in a circle around one another. This was the second tattoo I ever got and I knew it was something I'd never regret. 

...............//...........//..........

*Alex's mom's POV*

"Hello?" I answered hopefully when Alex's number popped up on the screen. 

"Hi Mrs. Gaskarth." Cameo spoke softly into the phone and my blood went cold. Who is she to use my son's phone to call me? 

"Cameo."

"Alex fell asleep, but I saw your missed calls on his phone."

"So you were snooping on his phone, lovely." I snapped.

"No, um, actually his phone makes a beeping noise, kind of like Twitter, if you know what that is, when he has missed things. It was making the noise so I just checked it and I saw you'd called and I assumed it was you who'd left the voicemails." 

"Uhuh." I humf'd.

"Anyways, I just wanted to let you know he's leaving to come see you tomorrow morning at 5am, he bought and printed his ticket eariler today."

"Good to hear." I finally sounded perky again and and pulling the phone from my ear when she spoke again. Should I pretend I didn't hear it and hangup? No, she'd probably tell Alex. I clenched my teeth in frustration.

"Hello?" She asked again and I stupidly put the phone back to my ear.

"Yes dear."

"I just want you to know, I really care for your son, and I'm making a lot more money than I was before at the Salon." 

I rolled my eyes at her cheap way to try and win me over. "Good to hear, that's good dear. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get going." I hungup the phone before she could trap me with another word and went to Alex's old room to make the bed.

.................//......................//...........

*Alex's POV*

"Whelp, this is goodbye for six days." I rocked back and forth on my heels at the last place I could say goodbye before boarding the plane. Those were not easy words to say. "I'll call as soon as I land and then before you go to sleep so I can tell you about my day." 

She nodded and the tears were pooling down her face. I knew she was feeling stupid right now, but she looked anything but stupid to me. Her hazel eyes were glowing and her nose was swelling. I closed the space between us and wrapped my arms around her. She buried her face into my chest and I held her as long as I could for her to cry. 

"I'm going to m- miss you so much." She sniffed and I rubbed her back comfortingly.

"Believe me, I'm going to miss you too." I kissed the top of her head and she rolled her head to look up to me. "Like I said, I'll call, and I'll use my book the whole plane ride, but don't think I won't be thinking about you or dreaming about you every chance there is the whole trip." 

I kissed her chastingly on the lips and she raised on her toes to reach me again. We held each other and kissed passionately at the gate until the attendant cleared her throat. We pulled apart and  looked at her, Cameo's face red, mine not caring about anything but making sure she was OK. "You must board the plane now sir." 

I nodded and looked back down at Cameo. "Remember I'll call." I mumbled, rubbing my nose against her's.

"Love you, be safe, and if anything happens call me and let me know." 

I nodded and my eyes felt wet. No not right now, anywhere but now. I pulled away from her and sniffled. She covered her hand with her mouth and wrapped the other around her ribs protectively. I picked up my luggage and waved half heartedly back as I walked past the attendant and to the door. Tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked them back. Get a grip of yourself Gaskarth.