Arc 14.13 [Chapter 307]

Ten Years Later...

Bai Lixin returned to the surface alone.

The god of love was nowhere to be found, and even Dijia was not beside him.

Bai Lixin, covered in bruises, fell to the edge of the forest not far from the artificials...

Shortly after Bai Lixin left for the void ten years ago, a third species led by a blond child suddenly appeared in the world.

They appeared out of nowhere, with a myriad of beautiful winged angels, destroying base after base, reuniting the artificials who had been working separately. They formed the Kingdom of Artificials, of which the blond child became the leader. They called him-The God-Emperor.

They built a city of iron armour in this kingdom, impervious to sword and spear.

A ring of precision steel several meters thick and a hundred meters high enclosed the kingdom. In the centre of the kingdom was a 300-storey tower where the Artificials lived.

Artificials without powers were left to live scattered on the ground with the tower at the centre, becoming the lowest ranking people in the kingdom. They were denied the right to have children, were denied status and dignity, and were left to fend for themselves.

Every day they had to work themselves to the bone to get a mere scrap of food.

The tower's three hundred floors were manned by an army of artificials, and the tower covered all economic and educational activities. The tower relied on electricity for its entire operation, with the electrical system on one of the floors.

It was already impossible for an outsider to enter the Kingdom of Artificials, and it would be even more fanciful to enter the gates of the Kingdom and then enter the tower.

If someone wanted to enter directly from above, it would be even more of a fantasy.

Around the kingdom was an energy field that was held up all year round. This energy field held the kingdom in a semi-circle so that not even a tiny fly could enter.

The God-Emperor's residence was on the 300th floor, the highest level of the tower, while the angels, on the other hand, were settled on the 299th floor.

These angels were known as the hope of the nation and were called divine sons.

Artificial human beings were born through test tubes so they couldn't procreate. But with the advent of the divine sons, conception had created a hierarchy.

The divine sons had the best mother bodies. In a way to reward those who had made contributions, the God-Emperor would give them a divine son for the conception of offspring. These divine sons were physically fragile but genetically powerful, and the babies born through their bodies had increased combat power.

The gestation cycle of a divine son was only two months, after which the divine son would return to the 299th floor for replenishment, rest for two months, and then wait for the next gestation, and so on.

The purpose of the God-Emperor was to eliminate incapable artificials and create more powerful warriors, thus completing another evolution of artificial humans.

......

There was a violent noise when Bai Lixin fell, but in there was dead silence from the forest. No birds took wing at the shock of his landing, and no beasts ran in fright.

The forest was dead.

Bai Lixin sat up with difficulty and froze for a long moment when he saw that the life that had been bursting forth when he left, was now devastated.