Arc 12.6 [Chapter 273]

Xiahou Chun took half an hour to dress up.

Bai Lixin was eating, so he let him be. He finished his breakfast, and Xiahou Chun came late.

Bai Lixin looked at the thin layer of sweat on Xiahou Chun's forehead and snorted: "General Xiahou's dressing is elaborate. No wonder he can make a simple piece of rough linen have a majestic feeling. If I were to dress for half an hour, I might be able to have this kind of verve too. "

Xiahou Chun only said, "How can clothes change what is in your bones?"

Bai Lixin chuckled, "General Xiahou is right. A beast is a beast. Even if it puts on fancy clothes, it will at best be a beast in clothes."

Xiahou Chun swept a glance at Bai Lixin and said, "Your Second Highness seems to have something to say."

"General Xiahou worries too much. I am merely catering to your earlier words. "

Xiahou Chun raised his eyebrows and said no more.

Bai Lixin did not go out for leisure this time, but for another purpose.

Back then, Xiahou Chun had opened the gates of the kingdom and let in a group of soldiers from the Kalou Kingdom. Undetected in the snow, they defeated the Snow Kingdom without a fight.

By the time Emperor Shengyuan realised it, the troops were already in the pond and there was no turning back.

The Snow Kingdom was not a dominant kingdom on this vast continent; it was even smaller than a small vassal kingdom of the Great Yao Kingdom. However, because it was easy to defend and difficult to attack, the surrounding countries could do nothing. In addition, the Snow Kingdom was struggling to survive.

The Snow Kingdom was self-sufficient and did not go out on its own unless it had to.

But with little interaction with the outside world, Xiahou Chun managed to collude with the Kalou Kingdom. for no other reason other than that the Snow Kingdom had infiltrated a spy from the Kalou Kingdom. Bai Lixin only got to know who this spy was at the end: the ice crystal merchant who helped Xiahou Chun capture Bai Liwu. He was called Huang Yuanwei.

Huang Yuanwei had been running the ice crystal business for many years, bringing ice crystals back and forth from time to time to various countries in exchange for necessary food, silk, and other items as well as money. He then brought the food and silk back to the Snow Kingdom and sold them in exchange for ice crystals.

With this profitable business, the family had become rich over the years and had created a trade route.

Even the Imperial family was envious of them. For many years, Huang Yuanwei had been dealing in ice crystals and had brought in a lot of antiques and paintings from outside, and had dealings with the powerful and the royal family.

Bai Liwu was very fond of the crystal ice crystals and the antique paintings and calligraphy, so his relationship with Huang Yuanwei became even deeper. He often referred to him as his friend.

When the soldiers entered the city that day, Bai Lixin managed to escape from the palace. When he returned to the palace through the back door, he saw his father and mother lying on the ground covered in blood.

Through his daze, he saw Xiahou Chun holding a long sword, the tip of which was aimed at Bai Liwu.

And that Huang Yuanwei was wearing the Kalou armour! He was standing beside Bai Liwu with his longsword, and the two of them were aiming at an unarmed prince who could not even hold down a chicken!

He then saw Xiahou Chun rushing towards him. The anger surged in his heart and he planned to die on his longsword when the system absorbed him into the void where he began his journey through the different worlds.