Arc 11.6 [Chapter 241]

Time passes for cultivators quickly. Seven years had passed in the blink of an eye, and the annual Demon Secret Realm was about to open.

It was rumoured that millions of years ago, the Demons wanted to attack the Cultivation Realm, and in order to enter the Cultivation Realm, they created this secret passage.

At that time, countless cultivators chose to enter this secret realm in order to stop the invasion of the demons.

The demon king was killed, but all the great powers in the cultivation world fell. The originally thriving cultivation world was suddenly deprived of these numerous great powers, and for a long time afterwards, advancement in the cultivation world stagnated, unable to reach the heights of the great powers of that time.

After the death of the Demon King, all the remaining demons were killed by the cultivators, and the secret realm became less threatening. In order that subsequent cultivators could remember this fierce and brutal war, the cultivation world did not destroy the secret realm but chose to open it once every ten years, allowing Foundation Establishment cultivators to enter the realm for fifteen days of sharpening.

However, by the time Feng Baixiao and Shui Kongling entered the secret realm, the divine consciousness of the Demon King revived, and he attempted to injure Feng Baixiao to take over his body. During the fight between the demon king and Feng Baixiao, Shui Kongling blocked an attack for Feng Baixiao, and Feng Baixiao seized the opportunity to strangle the divine sense of the demon king, who had not fully recovered.

Bai Lixin wanted to enter this secret realm to make sure that his lover wasn't the persecuted Demon King. There had been previous cases, hadn't there?

In the dragon world, his lover had been sealed for a thousand years; in the vampire world, his lover had been sealed for tens of thousands of years. Too many previous experiences made Bai Lixin eager to ascertain whether his lover might have turned into a demon king of these demons.

Apart from looking after the uninhabited Xuanyuan peak for the past seven years, Bai Lixin had also studied the secret manual given to him by Daoist Yixiao.

He had once transversed to a cultivation world in the early days when he had just bound to the system. At that time, he even had one foot in the Immortal Realm, only that he chose to leave after his mission was completed.

After the battle with the demons ten thousand years ago, the cultivation world suffered heavy losses. Many secret books and manuals had been lost, many magic treasures were also broken, and even the spiritual energy in them was absorbed by the great cultivators at that time in order to fight against the demons.

After the end of the demon war, the cultivation world returned to its initial point, where spiritual qi was thin and advancement was difficult. Secret texts were lost, and the cultivation world nearly collapsed.

At that time, even if they were geniuses, cultivators could only reach the Golden Elixir stage at most, and most of them were stuck at the Qi Refining stage and stagnated.

After thousands of years, the spiritual energy of the cultivation world gradually filled up, and the secret books were gradually restored by the great powers, but the effect could only be half of what it was thousands of years before.

The secret manual Daoist Yixiao gave him was only an upper-grade secret book, but Bai Lixin discovered through his memory restoration that it was originally a Heavenly-grade secret book!

Because this secret manual was originally a precious and incomparable Heaven-ranked upper-grade secret book, many people failed to comprehend it because it was obscure and difficult to understand. It was also because of this that many of the disciples who entered Xuanyuan Peak left when they realised that their cultivation had not improved at all. They either joined another peak or chose to go down the mountain.