Western Fantasy World [Arc 3.11- 3.12]

Arc 3.11 [Chapter 46]

Princess Sophia was out of character today. Instead of wearing that fussy and flashy princess attire, she wore a white shirt and tight black breeches, with black riding boots under her feet and her light brown hair tied up high in a competent and sharp manner.

Bai Lixin went to the castle gate to greet them. The moment he saw Sophia get out of the carriage, he whistled inwardly.

Not bad, not bad at all. This free and easy appearance was much prettier than in that squirming princess outfit she was wearing before.

After Sophia got off, Hillman, the personal guard, also stepped out of the carriage.

Hillman didn't look too good as he stepped out of the carriage, and he chanted an incantation to the white horse with a silvery glow beneath him, and the not-so-normal glow disappeared.

Bai Lixin raised an eyebrow and laughed, "So Squire Hillman has magic in him; he's a hidden gem."

It was an acceleration spell that, when attached to his feet, could travel a thousand miles in a day, which was why they could travel to two countries in two hours, although the journey by horse took three or five days.

Hillman straightened his back and bowed, "I thank King Alexander for his praise, but it is not enough."

Bai Lixin shook his head and said, "That is not a false compliment. Harnessing magic is a rare thing. Moreover, you are just a bodyguard. It's a talent.

Despite Bai Lixin's praise, Hillman's face did not look any better. He nodded imperceptibly and respectfully as he glanced at Di Suo, who was standing straight behind him, and said, "Even a man of Di Suo's extraordinary ability serves as a mere guard at His Majesty's side, so what is so strange about me being a guard?"

"No, no, no, no," Bai Lixin raised his right hand and waved it with his index finger, "You misunderstand? Di Suo is not my guard, he is my kinsman, my closest person. "

Not only Hillman but also Di Suo froze slightly at Bai Lixin's words. His golden eyes were inscrutable as he quietly looked at Bai Lixin from behind, gauging the truth of his words.

Hillman, on the other hand, could not help but look at Sophia, hoping to get some sort of answer from her as well.

Sophia lived up to her expectations and opened her mouth, smiling sweetly, "Hillman is not just any guard either; he is like family to me."

When Hillman heard Sophia's words, the uncertainty in his heart eased a little, and his face looked a little better.

Because she had already met him once, she didn't feel as rusty as she had last time. When she finished, she reached out and tugged at the hem of Bai Lixin's sleeve and said, "Your Majesty, you still owe me an ending from last time. Do you remember?"

Bai Lixin laughed and said, "It's only been three days. How could I forget? Would you like to hear the rest? "

Sofia nodded like a chicken pecking at rice, "Yes!"

"Then please, my princess." Bai Lixin made a gentleman's salute and led Sophia towards the garden.

Hillman looked at the distant Sophia and then at Di Suo, who remained where he was, and hesitated for a moment before following Sophia.

At that moment, Sophia's voice came from a short distance away: "Hillman, tell Di Suo something interesting about the humanities of our country, and I will come back to you later."

Hillman gave a start, and the half-raised foot was retracted. He frowned at the lone man and woman, his heart eating him up.

But he wasn't the only one frustrated. Di Suo looked at the two, laughing heartlessly, with dark waves in his eyes. He had just said something about "being closest to him", but in the blink of an eye, he had forgotten all about him for a woman.