Interstellar World [Arc 8.21- 8.22]

Arc 8.21 [Chapter 170]

After his exile to the Garbage Planet, Zero still had nothing to do.

Zero had walked the modest planet day and night without stopping in his three years of exile.

He used a form of visual invisibility to hide, as if he had never existed on this planet.

More than two years later, Zero had an encounter with two unexpected people – Dr. Manskoo and the Third.

The Garbage Star was a desert and Manskoo was dying, while Droid Three, who was watching over him was indifferent, as if waiting for his death.

For some reason, the thought that Manskoo couldn't die suddenly came into his mind.

The thought was strong and heavy as if his life would be over if Manskoo died.

So when Manskoo was desperate, Zero appeared with half a bag of water at his waist.

Manskoo and the Third never imagined that they would meet Zero, whom they'd exiled from Helium, in such a bleak place and such a desolate manner.

Zero's face was expressionless as he handed Droid Three the water.

Despite his indifference, Machine Three took it and fed it to Manskoo.

"Why are you here?" Zero asked the third.

"The simulated robots are having problems with their thinking because they look so much like humans. They are under the illusion that they are humans." Manskoo finished the water and whispered in difficulty.

Zero looked down at the two men with a slight sigh in his heart.

One, whose scientific research was on a morbid path

The other, with a meek exterior that concealed a sinister interior.

These two being reduced to this could only be described as the cycle of karma.

"How long have you been in exile here?" Zero asked with an expressionless face.

"Almost seven months, I had some food and water with me, but they were all eaten by master. The last of my interstellar coins were exchanged for supplies and used up." This time it was the third that replied, "The garbage planet is too desolate to have any other way of making a living except scavenging."

"Seven months ...... Has everything been sorted out with the simulated droids on Helium?" Zero asked again.

"I don't know, we were the first to be sanctioned, and most of the emulated droids after that should have been sent to the junkyard for recycling." Manskoo sighed, "I never thought that the simulated robots would produce such a change in their way of thinking. Do the robots have a mind of their own? But that can't be right, they should be just mechanical objects driven by programming and energy."

"Dr. Manskoo, you may have explored unknown things that you could not even explain to yourself because of your overly curious exploratory mind without your knowledge. I accidentally found this bag of water on my way to travel, so I'll leave it to you. You must be strong, Helium seems to need you at the moment." Seeing that Manskoo was still stubborn, Zero could only say so much.

Manskoo's eyes widened in confusion and he asked, "What do you mean that Helium needs me at this moment? What's wrong with Helium?"

"I have just connected to the droid network on Helium and found that the droids slowly started to behave strangely after you left. Just a few days ago, the droids started a massive riot where they have imprisoned all the humans and seem to be fighting for their interests. I think you have the most to say about the robotic way of thinking."