Republic of China [Arc 9.3- 9.4]

Arc 9.3 [Chapter 178]

The police station was located in the southeast of Fengcheng, while the Wen family's old house was exactly in the northwest, not really close to each other.

It took about an hour for the yellow-bound carriage to pull up in front of the police station. After giving the driver a dozen coins, Bai Lixin straightened his clothes and stepped into the police station.

The people in the police station knew that Wen Xuyao and the boss were very close. Although he had been beaten by Liao's soldiers on the day he arrived, they still smiled and welcomed him in.

When Bai Lixin met the police commissioner, Huang Hongyuan. He was frowning, looking down at a dossier, pen in hand, sketching. He was so busy that he didn't even hear anyone walk in.

Bai Lixin stood outside the office and looked around for a moment. Huang Hongyuan didn't notice him, so he coughed softly and knocked on the door.

"Which bastard has come to disturb this Commissioner? Can't you see I'm busy? " Huang Hongyuan said impatiently without raising his head.

"Ahem, Commissioner Huang, excuse me."

Huang Hongyuan recognised the voice. He raised his head happily and said, "Xian Zhi, it's you! Please come in. Please come in. "

The two of them were close friends, and Huang Hongyuan usually referred to him like that.

As soon as he saw the visitor, Huang Hongyuan was no longer busy with the case. He stood up and hurriedly greeted him, pulling Bai Lixin directly to the sofa and sitting down, "Xian Zhi, are you feeling better? It's only been a few days, and you're already out. "

Bai Lixin smiled, "I saw you frowning just now. Are you busy with a case? "

Huang Hongyuan waved his hand, "Hey, it's nothing, just a constant stream of cases, big and small. You know, there's never enough time to finish public affairs. "

Bai Lixin saw that Huang Hongyuan did not want to talk about it, so he did not ask any more questions. "I'm sorry for turning you down whenever you visited in the past week. Thank you for the tonics. I was feeling better today, so I rushed to visit you first. Since you're at a police station, I came empty-handed because I didn't want you to get criticized. "

Twenty-eight-year-old Huang Hongyuan treated Wen Xuyao like a younger brother, and when he heard his words, he slapped his thigh and said, "What are you talking about? I was thinking of bringing you some tonics later today after I finished the case, but I didn't expect you to come out. "

Huang Hongyuan surveyed Bai Lixin's physique and found that his face was rosy and looked like he was holding up, so he sighed in relief and said, "This Liao Sufan is too ruthless. He is simply a black-faced Rakshasa. You were just reporting a case. Why did he have you beat so hard? "

**Rakshasa demon or unrighteous spirit in Hindu mythology**

Bai Lixin laughed and was about to speak when he heard a sudden voice speak up, "En, I am quite ruthless."

Both Bai Lixin and Huang Hongyuan's bodies stiffened, and they turned around to look in the direction the voice came from.

At some point, a man was standing at the door, dressed in a black military uniform, a black military cap, a green military coat, and shiny leather boots on his feet.

He stood steadily in front of the door, his uniform without a single wrinkle. His eyes were deep, his features handsome and firm, his face cold and unperturbed at the moment.