Republic of China [Arc 9.5- 9.6]

Arc 9.5 [Chapter 180]

When Peony's spirit was taken, the sound of her gentle song and Bai Lixin's pipa seemed to still linger in the empty backyard.

Bai Lixin carefully placed the lute aside, and with a long sigh, he looked up at the snow falling heavily in the sky and said to Liao Sufan and Huang Hongyuan: "My country, the Republic of China, is a great country with strict laws, and murder should be paid for. But Miss Peony committed suicide, and her soul was imprisoned here. But the man who led to her death is still out there. You do not believe in ghosts and gods, and that person has not broken the law. Please let me solve her affairs. "

Bai Lixin found a spade in the corner and dug by himself in silence.

His back looked thin and lonely, and when Liao Sufan's heart throbbed with pain.

There was a shovel standing in the corner, so Liao Sufan brought it over and also dug with Bai Lixin in silence.

Bai Lixin ignored him and pushed the dried up peach tree down, revealing the bones of the Peony's body.

When she died, Mama of the Cuiyan House hastily dug a pit and buried her for fear of making a scene. The body was not in a coffin and was left bare in the soil. It had long since turned into a white skeleton after these two years.

Bai Lixin took off his coat and knelt on the ground, carefully picking out the bones of Peony's body bit by bit, and placing them in his coat. After about two hours of picking through the bones, Bai Lixin weakly stood up when he was sure there was nothing left. He tightened the coat carefully and took it into his arms.

Mama had already woken up, and when she saw the peach tree that had been pushed over, she went into another trance and nearly fainted again.

Liao Sufan was annoyed and took this fat woman by the back collar of her coat and said, "Do you remember the appearance of the man who caused Miss Peony to kill herself that day?"

Mama's face was sometimes pale, sometimes blue, and she was shivering and unable to speak.

Seeing this, Bai Lixin stepped forward and slapped her across the face.

When had she ever been slapped like that? Her body swayed and she wanted to fall, but her collar was in Liao Sufan's hand, so she wanted to fall but could not.

Mama was a bit confused by the slap, and Bai Lixin threw another slap at her. After four or five slaps in a row, he said in a cold voice: "Have you come to your senses? Can you speak? "

Strangely enough, after these slaps, she no longer panicked.

Seeing that the matter could no longer be concealed, Mama gulped and nodded her head, "I am awake, I am awake."

Bai Lixin gave her a cold sweep and said, "Then sit down and talk."

Liao Sufan heard this, and he pressed Mama onto the stone bench with a single push.

The snow was still falling outside, and the stone bench had long been covered with snow, which was cold to the bone.

Although she was wearing a thick cotton jacket, she could not resist the cold weather, and she shivered.

"Do you know the man?" Bai Lixin placed the jacket containing Peony's bones in front of her eyes and said, "Speak properly to Peony. If there is a false word, you will have to weigh it yourself."

Remembering Peony's miserable soul that she had just seen, Mama was even more frightened, and hurriedly nodded her head repeatedly, "I'll say the truth."