Arc 12.2 [Chapter 269]

He did not fall off his horse without reason. Why would a docile horse suddenly jump wildly that day?

In his previous life, he had not looked into the matter, but in this life, he sent someone to immediately investigate. He found that the eunuch had tampered with the horse.

He didn't need to think much about who was behind it. It had to be Xiahou Chun! Today, he will interrogate the eunuch. He will open his mouth and make him spit out his name.

Military power was in the hands of the Xiahou family. Although it would be like a fresh breeze to tell his father at this time. If he could be prepared in advance, he could dismantle the Xiahou family sooner.

As soon as Bai Lixin entered the dungeon, he heard a series of loud "Pa! Pa!" sounds from the distance. Bai Lixin frowned gently and asked the prison guards, "Who is in there?"

"Your Highness, it is General Xiahou."

"General Xiahou? How could he, a foreign minister, enter the dungeons of the harem? "

"Your Highness, it was ordered by His Majesty. General Xiahou suspected that His Highness's injury was deliberate. So he was ordered by His Majesty to come and interrogate the prisoner. "

"Who else is there besides General Xiahou?" Bai Lixin asked with a twisted brow.

"Your Highness, it is the Grand Prince."

Bai Liwu is here too?

Bai Lixin nodded and said nothing more. He followed the voices to the cell where the eunuch was being interrogated.

The cell was dark. Now that Bai Lixin had travelled back to reality, there were no more points to strengthen his body. So it was still his original weak body because he didn't exercise much.

After a short walk, Bai Lixin entered the cell amidst the constant screams. He caught sight of the tall man who was whipping the prisoner with a leather whip.

Bai Lixin couldn't help but shout, "General Xiahou! If you keep on hitting him like that, he will die! Are you planning to kill him?"

Xiahou Chun's hand, which was about to lift the whip, paused. He turned to look at Bai Lixin with a frown, "Why is His Highness here? This is not a place for you to stay."

"This man intended to hurt me, and I can't ask why. If you can judge him, why can't I? Is General Xiahou looking down on me? "

"I didn't mean to say that. I only came to interrogate this man because the Emperor ordered me. "

Bai Lixin was about to say something when he was suddenly pulled into an embrace. He then heard a familiar, gentle voice saying, "I haven't seen you for a few days. Why has my Xin'er become so frantic? Don't worry, Xin'er. You see, although General Xiahou seems to be fierce, he has removed all his internal strength. The blows will only open up the skin and will not hurt him internally. "

Bai Liwu's voice was gentle and elegant. His hand was patting Bai Lixin's back soothingly, and Bai Lixin's anger was extinguished in a moment. However, when he thought about it, he became more and more depressed. Bai Liwu had always been kind. Ever since he was injured and saved by Xiahou Chun, he had gotten closer to him and the two were almost inseparable.

Not to mention that he now trusts Xiahou Chun 100%. Isn't that what Xiahou wishes?

Bai Lixin looked at Bai Liwu, who was smiling gently and affectionately and was furious.

Open your eyes, brother! See the true face of Xiahou Chun. See his wolfish ambition!

Bai Lixin looked at Xiaho Chun irritably and saw that the eunuch behind him had a weird look on his face. He stood up abruptly and rushed over to him, grabbing him by the shoulder and asking, "What's wrong with you?"