Arc 12.8 [Chapter 275]

After sending Bai Liwu off, a figure emerged from the darkness and asked coldly, "That man is the point you said you'll cut through in?"

Huang Yuanwei snorted coldly, "He is not bad. He is ambitious and has the makings of a rebel. "

"But he also said that when it comes to the moment of crisis, he will sacrifice his small self to protect the big picture."

"Heh, I've seen a lot of people like that. Before something happens, they are all heroic but become so selfish and cunning when they are desperate, even disowning their relatives. Don't worry, just go back and report to the king. Give me five months, and I will make the Snow Kingdom open its gates to welcome my army! "

"Okay! Commander Huang will have become the greatest general under one person and above all others in my Kalou Kingdom!"

It was already late evening when Bai Lixin returned. He burped and asked Xiahou Chun, "General Xiahou, the food at Xinghai House is not bad, right?"

"It's not bad," Xiahou Chun said, his face slightly flushed and a white mist coming from his mouth.

"General Xiahou has drunk a lot of wine today."

"The smell of wine is intoxicating, so I just drank a little."

"Ha, does General Xiahou know who the owner of the table I sent the wine to is?"

Xiahou Chun's eyes twinkled for a moment, and he shook his head gently, "No. Could it be that His Highness did not give him the wine on a whim? "

"You don't know him, but I do. He is the third prince of the Great Yao Kingdom, Li Chige."

"He is the prince of the Great Yao Kingdom? How does His Second Highness know that? What is this Prince Li Chige doing sneaking into our Snow Kingdom? "

"He probably took a fancy to one of the girls in our Snow Kingdom. Prince Li Chige is suave and elegant, and his love affairs are widely spread. With such a nature, what else could it be if not for a girl?"

Bai Lixin winked at Xiahou Chun, his smiling eyes like two crescents.

Xiahou Chun gulped, "For example, that number one beauty of the Snow Kingdom, Xu Ying?"

Bai Lixin swept Xiahou Chun a glance and suddenly recalled a scene he had once seen when he was crossing over. In the scene, a man in the shape of Xiahou Chun had pressed Bai Liwu underneath him and it did not appear to be fake.

Could it be that, despite being a loyal and kind-hearted minister, Xiahou Chun was unable to resist the beauty after all? So he compromised for the sake of Bai Liwu?

How could that be?

I have to dispel this guy's unrealistic thoughts and wake up Xiahou Chun properly. There will be a tough battle between him and Bai Liwu. If Xiahou Chun's heart feels compassionate and turns against him, wouldn't it be terrible?

Such variables must not be allowed.

For the next three days, Bai Lixin went to the Xinghai House every day to sit and laugh with the disguised Prince Li Chige. On the fifth day, Li Chige finally invited Bai Lixin into his room and sent everyone else out, including Xiahou Chun.

The two talked from morning to afternoon, and even lunch was brought to the room by the junior scholar.

Only when they saw the sun sinking in the west did the door of the room creak open and the two men pushed their way out.

Prince Li Chige looked solemn, but Bai Lixin calmly put his hands together and made a bow before leading Xiahou Chun away.

Several secret guards looked at their master with a wary expression. Prince Li Chige swept the guards a glance and made a silent gesture, "It's nothing, I just made a close friend. Let's go."