Republic of China [Arc 9.7- 9.8]

Arc 9.7 [Chapter 182]

"Tsk, Grandpa Wen, I've known Xian Zhi for so long, but I never knew he could do such an amazing Daoist spell. " Huang Hongyuan's expression was exaggerated as he gestured with his hand like a sword in the air twice, "Urgent as a law! Wow, it's so handsome! "

Bai Lixin coughed and gave Huang Hongyuan a wink, "It's just a trivial skill, you just... "

"We have an ancestor in the Wen family who went to seek the heart of the Dao in the early years and brought back a book on Daoism when he returned. Xian Zhi would often loom through it when he had nothing to do and learned some spells over time. " Elder Wen stood up and explained quickly.

Bai Lixin was stunned and glanced back at Elder Wen and smiled along with him, "Yes, as my grandfather said. "

The matter was not a big deal, and the conversation passed by as soon as the topic was broached.

Bai Lixin ate lunch late, but the other three did not eat. When it came time for the evening meal, Bai Lixin was full after just two bites. Elder Wen was old and did not eat much. He saw Elder Wen stand up and leave, so he thought about it and followed him into the study.

The study that originally had a lot of ancient paintings and calligraphy hanging on the walls was now empty. The shelves also had a lot of ancient porcelain, jade, ancient books, and so on. But after the jade soul-sucking in the aura, the paintings and calligraphy in the study turned into pieces, and the porcelain also turned into fragments.

Elder Wen's heart ached, and he suppressed the pain in his heart to clean up the study. After cleaning up the family's broken antiques, he heard that his business had suffered a setback and he had lost a large sum of money.

The old man had no choice but to sell what was still valuable in the house and resell the shop to raise enough money to make up for the shortfall. But the Wen family has been in decline ever since and no longer had the power to make a comeback.

Fortunately, Elder Wen was still strong enough to survive that disaster. But by that time, evil spirits had already started to invade the ancestral home, haunting Elder Wen. His health was deteriorating, but Liang's departure was the last straw that broke his back.

Liang took the last of the family's money with her and disappeared.

When Elder Wen learnt of this, he became so desperate that the evil spirits found an opportunity to take advantage of the situation, and he was bedridden.

Elder Wen put his hands behind his back, his slightly stooped back arched up to look around the decaying walls. The wrinkles at the corners of his eyes cascaded in immense sadness. "To think that I, Wen Huiren, who had a smooth life, caused the Wen family to fall in this way in my later years. I am the sinner of the Wen family, ah. "

"Grandpa, " Bai Lixin hesitated for a moment, "you don't need to blame yourself; life is full of ups and downs and no one knows what kind of changes will happen in the future. Today we have nothing to live for, but tomorrow we may be rich beyond our means."

"Oh, what's the use of being rich? I'm just worried about my antique paintings and calligraphy. " The old man's eyes showed his regret, "Some of those antique paintings and calligraphy were left behind by the old generation, while some were collected by me. These were all gifts from our ancestors. Money can be earned again, but how can these artefacts that record the sediment of history appear again? The world's precious treasure, all destroyed in my hands, ah. "

Bai Lixin was silent. He really did not know how to refute what Elder Wen said. He was right; money could be earned again, but it was impossible for antiques stained with traces of history to see the light of day again.