Modern World [Arc 1.7- 1.8]

Arc 1.7 [Chapter 7]

"Six days ago? But I clearly remember it was four days when I last contacted you. " Bai Lixin asked, taking a deep breath and blinking his dark grape-like eyes in confusion.

"Yeah, six days. You locked yourself in the office for four days and were in a coma for two days. Isn't that six days? " Luo Qintian's face was gloomy as he stood up and said in a condescending manner, "Mr. Lu was in a coma due to overexertion. Since Mr. Lu has woken up, I, who is of no use to him, can go now.

Seeing Luo Qintian turn his head to leave, Bai Lixin's heart trembled. Aside from his guilt, there were also some feelings mixed in that he himself could not even express in words.

This feeling prompted Bai Lixin to act one step ahead of reason. He got up from the hospital bed and tugged Luo Qintian's sleeve with his right hand from behind, whispering, "Don't go."

Luo Qintian stopped in his tracks, turned around and took hold of Bai Lixin's wrist and lifted it up, frowning with worry, "They're still pumping nutrients through this hand. Why are you moving it?"

Only then did Bai Lixin notice that he still had a needle in his right hand and that a bubble had bulged near the needlepoint.

Just then, the system beep sounded: [Ding! Lord host, minor emotional fluctuations have been detected in the other party; please continue your efforts, host.

Huh, emotional fluctuation? Bai Lixin then remembered his mission: there would be double rewards and the activation of new exchange items if he made Lu Xuefei's love and career a success.

Bai Lixin gritted his teeth and hugged him around the waist. His head pressed against Luo Qintian's sturdy chest, "I have a problem. Once I concentrate on a certain kind of work, I'll put my whole body and soul into it, and I'm completely oblivious to everything outside."

"I'm too low-esteemed, too timid. I was afraid that you disliked me when you didn't touch me that night and then left without saying goodbye the next morning. I was so desperate because I wanted to get the ad out to you quickly. I wanted your compliments, I wanted your praise, I wanted your approval. I... I even wanted your hugs and caresses. "

"I never wanted to use you, how could I possibly use you. I obviously liked you more than I thought."

"I'm sorry, I was wrong. I shouldn't have dived into work without telling you first, but I was afraid of being self-indulgent. I was also afraid that when I called you, I would get a perfunctory answer from you."

Bai Lixin was in tears and hugged Luo Qintian tighter, afraid that he would leave.

Luo Qintian looked down at Bai Lixin's flaxen, short, curly hair for a long time before he sighed and wrapped his arms around Bai Lixin. He kissed Bai Lixin's hair and said, "You don't have to be so presumptuous. I left that day because I had a meeting in the morning, and I left without saying goodbye because I couldn't bear to wake you up. So, don't say such things about yourself or have such thoughts."

Bai Lixin buried his head deep in Luo Qintian's arms, feeling the warmth of his body and his strong heartbeat, and the guilt and unease in his heart deepened.

He had approached Luo Qintian for the sake of his mission. His feelings were impure and full of purpose, but Luo Qintian's was not.

The better Luo Qintian treated him, the more guilt he felt.

"I'm sorry I'm deceiving you, and although I may not fall in love with you, I will definitely grow old with you in this life." Bai Lixin said, silently and secretly in his heart as he sniffed at Luo Qintian's masculine scent.