Arc 11.12 [Chapter 247]

Until the Demon Clan's mystic realm closed, Bai Lixin had not found any trace of Feng Baixiao. Although he did not find Feng Baixiao's whereabouts, Bai Lixin naturally locked onto Shui Kongling.

Shui Kongling did not leave the secret realm on her own but in the company of a man. This man's scent was even a little familiar to Bai Lixin, but no matter how much he recalled, he just couldn't remember where he had met this man.

If his guess was correct, the man accompanying Shui Kongling was most likely the one who had pretended to be Feng Baixiao to deceive Shui Kongling that day!

Three minutes past noon, the gates of the Demon's mystic realm closed on time. Any further questions Bai Lixin had would have to wait until ten years later to be resolved.

Although he had been cultivating for the previous fifty days or so, the real cultivation began the moment the demon's mystic realm closed.

Without the disturbance of outsiders, Bai Lixin got a better feel for the outside world through the vines.

Time passed day by day, and he did not stop cultivating.

Bai Lixin had already reached great perfection in the Qi Refining Stage. He only needed to break through before he could step into the Foundation Establishment Stage. He had made a lot of progress with his wood spirit root, but the control of his water spirit root was not good enough. If the cultivation of spiritual roots is uneven even before foundation building, it will seriously jeopardise the cultivator's training. It was a point of particular concern to cultivators.

To use an analogy, if you compare a single spirit root with a single skill point, you will need all the skill points to advance to the next stage. A person with a single spiritual root only needs to fill one skill point. The more spiritual roots a person has, the more skill points they need to fill, and the more time-consuming and difficult it is to cultivate. This is why a single spirit root is much easier to cultivate than a multi-spirit root.

However, water resources in this realm were scarce, so Bai Lixin's understanding of the water technique was a little slower than the wood.

As he was still unable to transform into a human body, Bai Lixin had to use the Iris body to cultivate slowly.

On this day, he was still meditating on the water technique to refine his water attribute when the earth suddenly trembled discordantly.

The unusual trembling interrupted Bai Lixin's cultivation, so he attached his divine sense to a vine and began to investigate.

With the accumulation of time, Bai Lixin had become more and more familiar with the earth's tremors and various sounds. He could now easily tell what was happening on the ground just by the different sounds.

While the earth trembled, the animals on the ground began to revel. The golden-armoured beasts howled in excitement and run back and forth. Birds began to migrate back to their nests; fish emerged from the bottom of the water to spit bubbles; insects took back their wings and stopped chirping noisily; they quietly stayed in their nests.

This is ......

The trembling of the earth intensified, and then not only did the earth tremble, but countless tiny particles hit the ground. They were densely packed, and they made the ground wet.

Rain? Yes, it was rain! It was raining outside!

The body of the blue-blooded Iris trembled. Water gave birth to wood, and wood liked water. Bai Lixin's divine sense was attached to the vine, and he could feel the joy from the vine. The vine spread its limbs with pleasure, absorbing the gifts of nature to its heart's content.