ABO World [Arc 10.23- 10.24]

Arc 10.23 [Chapter 225]

Bai Lixin sat up from the bed in shock, a cold sweat already seeping from his brow. His throat was dry and he felt a slight pain with a gentle swallow.

He turned his head to look out the window. It was still early and the sky was dark, with only a few sun rays from the raising sun visible.

He did not turn on the light, but stood up and went to the table to drink a glass of water by the light coming in through the window.

He sat in his chair, his head lowered and his face expressionless.

After scanning the room with unperturbed eyes, Bai Lixin's eyes settled on the clock on the wall. The clock stopped at exactly five o'clock. Bai Lixin sighed and took another sip of water.

He sat there for more than two hours as the sky slowly brightened and the golden-red morning light echoed through the quaint mansion with the clear and loud sound of birdsong, creating a warm and peaceful atmosphere.

Only then did Bai Lixin stand up, rubbing his long hair as he walked to the bathroom to wash and tidy up.

After putting his hair up in a high ponytail, Bai Lixin changed into a smart outfit before walking down the stairs.

Master Lambert was already sitting at the dining table reading today's newspaper. Bai Lixin looked at the kind and amiable old man, hooked his lips, and smiled gently as he slowly leaned over, "Good morning, Father."

Master Lambert took his head out of the paper and looked at Bai Lixin with a smile in his eyes, saying, "Mitchell, how handsome you are today!"

Bai Lixin smiled softly and sat down next to Master Lambert. "Father, I figured it out and you were right. I want to conceive an offspring for Hallyvette. "

Master Lambert's eyes lit up, "Really? Mitchell, it is good of you to have figured it out. I was right about you."

Bai Lixin smiled coyly, "You are right, Father. Perhaps the most romantic thing about love is not that you love me, but that we can blossom in love. Just like you and your late husband, who birthed Hallyvette, I will now give birth to Hallyvette's child. Now that I think about it, it might be a really wonderful feeling, having a little guy with my blood and Hallyvette's blood in him. He would grow up slowly, calling me "Dad" and Hallyvette "Father." We would watch him grow up little by little, not asking to be a part of his life, not needing him to carry on our legacy and honour our family, we would be happy with just witnessing a life from birth to growth. "

Bai Lixin said this with a longing smile on his face and an extremely gentle voice.

Master Lambert looked at Bai Lixin's expression, and a light shone in his eyes as a smile slowly enlarged on his face.

Coughing softly, Master Lambert said, "Very good, Mitchell. So when are you planning to have your wedding? "

Bai Lixin pulled back from his longing and looked at Master Lambert, somewhat puzzled. "But Father, I'm afraid there is one more thing that needs to be settled before then."

"What is it?"

"I had previously signed a contract with Yakel Music. It was clearly written in the contract that I couldn't get married for five years, otherwise it would be a breach of contract. I was originally planning to fight for three years with a hidden marriage, and then, after I had achieved something on my own, use the money I earned to pay for the breach of contract. But now in this situation...."

Bai Lixin's voice faded off, and he looked at Master Lambert with embarrassment, "I just started out and this happened to me, so I don't have enough financial ability to pay for the breach of contract, so maybe ...... I might need your help to do that."